Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.7-rc5 Released: "Nothing Looks Particularly Scary"

Phoronix: Linux 6.7-rc5 Released: "Nothing Looks Particularly Scary"

Linus Torvalds just released the fifth weekly release candidate of the forthcoming Linux 6.7 kernel. He's happy with how things have been pacing this stage of the cycle, particularly as he's been battling travels and a head cold this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Because the holidays are almost upon us, and I'm woefully underprepared.
    Me too Torvalds, Me too

Comment

bcachefs has an online fsck patch. it's not ready for 6.7, but that will be nice feature when it lands.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

Me too Torvalds, Me too
        And the commercials aren't helping

Comment

I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, but the Devil's Kernel, 6.6.6, was released too. https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/ker...hangeLog-6.6.6

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Byron II View Post
            I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, but the Devil's Kernel, 6.6.6, was released too. https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/ker...hangeLog-6.6.6
            And it is a stable kernel at that

Comment

I'll compile this up and give it a shot later today. Was trying 6.7-rc4, since 7900XTX is just new enough to see meaningful changes, and I have some pesky HDMI and VRR bugs that seem to slowly be going away. 6.7-rc4 would occasionally hard-lock my machine on launching games via Steam and I didn't have time to triangulate/identify the problem. Maybe it's squashed in rc5.

Comment

Working...
              X