Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.7 Features Include Bcachefs, Stable Meteor Lake Graphics, NVIDIA GSP & More Next-Gen Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.7 Features Include Bcachefs, Stable Meteor Lake Graphics, NVIDIA GSP & More Next-Gen Hardware

Phoronix: Linux 6.7 Features Include Bcachefs, Stable Meteor Lake Graphics, NVIDIA GSP & More Next-Gen Hardware

With the Linux 6.7 merge window having closed on Sunday, here's a recap of all the interesting new features to find with this new kernel. Linux 6.7 stable will be out either in the final days of 2023 or more than likely in the early days of next year.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does 6.7 include the recent AMD preferred core patches? Or did that get bumped to 6.8?

Comment

Originally posted by Zadeis View Post
      Does 6.7 include the recent AMD preferred core patches?
      No...

Comment

Nouveau GSP is itself pretty big change (especially with the fact that NVK development is going pretty good) and that's not the only good change in that kernel. It will be big release.

Comment

I get occasional freezes on 6.7 RC1 I don't get in 6.5 and 6.6 but I'm not 100% sure it's not related with my overclocked BCLK. I will keep testing the next RCs.

Comment

It is the first time in 15 years that I am looking forward to a new kernel release.
            I am really interested in the bcachefs filesystem, but did not want to dabble with out of tree code.

Comment

binfmt namespaces are included.
              finally you can add containers/emulation for other architectures without affecting root.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
                It is the first time in 15 years that I am looking forward to a new kernel release.
                I am really interested in the bcachefs filesystem, but did not want to dabble with out of tree code.
                Why are you interested in bcachefs filesystem?

Comment

Working...
                X