No announcement yet.

One Of Ubuntu's Great Features Has Been Broken For One Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think people who can handle the core do not need your link to the Fedory repository under the article on the Ubuntu mainline kernel. And the others, for those fedora is too cumbersome to the desktop. It's for more experienced people and you have to finish too many things there. And pray that it doesn't spill. Because fresh things. Moreover, it is RPM, which is often a major obstacle.​

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
      so much hate, this is bug most likely and it will be resolved, not the first it happens and ubuntu cares about desktop
      So Phoronix moves for readability .... If at least it was added, as a comment above, where the link is, what is the reason for the shutdown. You must not take up blindly information from such websites today. Unfortunately, we have to check the information separately, instead of the author to put the link to the article. But that would probably not be such a sensation and so much was not discussed = less money.​

Comment

Originally posted by Rovano View Post

I think people who can handle the core do not need your link to the Fedory repository under the article on the Ubuntu mainline kernel. And the others, for those fedora is too cumbersome to the desktop. It's for more experienced people and you have to finish too many things there. And pray that it doesn't spill. Because fresh things. Moreover, it is RPM, which is often a major obstacle.​
        this is an article about distro kernels, so my post was on topic. I cannot believe there still people complaining about rpm in 2023.

Comment

it's back, at least drm-tip has built again.

Remember that the mainline "ppa" has no SLA. It is provided as-is.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post

this is an article about distro kernels, so my post was on topic. I cannot believe there still people complaining about rpm in 2023.
            I do.
            When you must manage custom rpm installation, you meet compatibility issues between repositories. That's why I recommend to my customers to switch on a Debian type distro in order to be stable & compliant to user needs.
            I spent too much time to fix RHEL or CentOS servers because of the quality lack of rpm mechanism.

Comment

Ubuntu Mainline is now synchronised with kernel.org ...

Comment

Originally posted by TNZfr View Post
                Ubuntu Mainline is now synchronised with kernel.org ...
                Yeah as your said the problem are fixed

kernel 6.6 - 6.7-rc1 avalaible

Last edited by pinguinpc; 16 November 2023, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X