X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fucking love this song!

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post

that should be fun. he did collect a NACK since the last attempt so there's a chance for more fireworks. it seems he's on vacation at the moment, hopefully he returns before to deal with it (and to update his linux-next branch which is missing several fixes before he disappeared. I suspect it will get in this time but not without drama.
      Can you link that? I'm kind of a newb, and all I know about are his 6.5 and 6.6 submissions, unless that's what you're referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post

Can you link that? I'm kind of a newb, and all I know about are his 6.5 and 6.6 submissions, unless that's what you're referring to.
        this came from mingo, and it was a late response to kent's (yet again) totally rude response to a locking kernel maintainer during the 6.6 blowup:

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post

this came from mingo, and it was a late response to kent's (yet again) totally rude response to a locking kernel maintainer during the 6.6 blowup:

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/
          Good catch. The thread being replied to was from a earlier series, and before Linus brought down a hammer on all the contention in the 6.6 submissions, mainly directed at Kent
          My hope is that Kent might be able to address this within room temperature and they can all come to some agreement. It'll be interesting to see.

I've been on both sides where I work, on cases where I'm the person receiving and deserving feedback, and cases where a colleague is receiving feedback. I think it's more.important people can adjust and adapt rather than have a perfect, frictionless record working with others.

I'm definitely guilty of escalation and butting heads and locking horns with people. It's not healthy, and I hope they find some ways to mitigate that. I think since Linus himself had to come down a few notches over time, there's some room for the participants in BCacheFS's talks, too

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

The last release of the year are usually picked to be LTS. So it's most likely going to be 6.6. It takes 10-11 weeks from merge window open to stable release.
            That puts 6.7 the last week of December, even if it takes the extra week and lands in January we've had a January LTS before. I'm really hoping for 6.7 since it will likely have bcachefs, and want to see it land in Chromebooks sooner so I can start using bcachefs with encryption for my external drives.

Comment

Originally posted by vandelay View Post
              That puts 6.7 the last week of December, even if it takes the extra week and lands in January we've had a January LTS before.
              There has been no kernel mainline version released in January designated as an LTS release in recent memory (since at least 4.14)

It is not uncommon for the last kernel being worked on towards the end of the year to take an extra RC (or so) due to the large number of holidays celebrated by many developers during that period which impacts testing and bug fixes.

In the end, it is up to GHK to make the call based on feedback from the stakeholders (which primarily means commercial interests), and he won't make it until (probably) late January or early February 2024.

Comment

The Release of the Beast \m/

Comment

Originally posted by vandelay View Post

That puts 6.7 the last week of December, even if it takes the extra week and lands in January we've had a January LTS before. I'm really hoping for 6.7 since it will likely have bcachefs, and want to see it land in Chromebooks sooner so I can start using bcachefs with encryption for my external drives.
                  Yeah, just about Dec 31, but that's really pushing it. Holidays might mean in having an extra RC or two.

Comment

Working...
                  X