Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.6-rc5 Released: "Things Are Back To Normal"

Phoronix: Linux 6.6-rc5 Released: "Things Are Back To Normal"

As we approach the Linux 6.6 stable release in a few weeks, Linus Torvalds today released Linux 6.6-rc5 with everything looking "normal" for this week's test release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Personally I am looking forward to the 6.6 kernel finding is way into the Debian testing repos so that I can have the EEVDF scheduler working is magic under the hood. I know it's mostly psychological but there is something magical with a new and (hopefully) better algorithm doing its thing behind the scenes.

I wonder where the NEST scheduler will fit into this mix as well. It will sure be interesting to see...

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

If you are using one of AMD's latest APUs chances are you really want 6.6.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Michael

Gnome is looking forward to dropping X11 support altogether: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome...ge_requests/99

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
          Personally I am looking forward to the 6.6 kernel finding is way into the Debian testing repos so that I can have the EEVDF scheduler working is magic under the hood. I know it's mostly psychological but there is something magical with a new and (hopefully) better algorithm doing its thing behind the scenes.

I wonder where the NEST scheduler will fit into this mix as well. It will sure be interesting to see...
          Scheduler changes aren't always psychological. I remember the very snappy scheduler of Linux 2.4 series that boosted idle task priority so much that my audio playback popped each time i clicked the program menu :-)
          Good times.

Comment

Working...
          X