Incus 0.1 Released As Linux Containers' Fork Of LXD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dr.serge View Post
    Absolutely stupid comment, Ubuntu is the nearly only free linux distribution a company can use today, regularly updated for free. Bring your hate somewhere else.
    i use Fedora and Debian and linux mint debian edition... all of them you can use as a company for free
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

i use Fedora and Debian and linux mint debian edition... all of them you can use as a company for free
      I'm not talking about your hobby projects, I mentioned business. Fedora has mere 13 months updates, ubuntu has 60 months. In business we do not change systems every year.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.serge View Post
        I'm not talking about your hobby projects, I mentioned business. Fedora has mere 13 months updates, ubuntu has 60 months. In business we do not change systems every year.
        Fedora has only 13 months updates ???? i use Fedora for over 5 years and had FOREVER updates without any payment.
        the updates for Fedora never stop. you just upgrade to the next version and get fresh updates.

dude the only linux distro i warn every business not to use is Ubuntu...
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by nadir View Post

I think it's unfair to write off Canonical so harshly. I personally may also disagree with their handling of LXD amongst some other projects, but Canonical has been the single largest force for Desktop Linux since its inception and is the basis for a myriad of other distros for good reason.

They're certainly no cancer and have a net positive impact on the community, though I also wish it was even better.
          I dont think it's really unfair, Canonical isnt on the side of open source and they actively push proprietary software and a closed ecosystem on their end users like snap.

Canonical is the macOS of linux and not in the good way, its a walled-garden that restricts the end user's freedom. We shouldnt be supporting Canonical or Ubuntu.

Also i would like to disagree that Ubuntu is the "largest force for desktop linux". Ubuntu does a lot less for desktop linux than what freedesktop or what even red hat (im not much a big fan of red hat either but that's neither here nor there) does. The only projects Canonical really contributes to are their own projects, unlike red hat or valve where they contribute resources and manpower to projects they dont really have control over, mostly community-led projects.

How often does canonical contribute to projects like wayland or systemd? does canonical contribute to open platforms and standards over closed ones?

It's clear canonical is only acting in their own greedy self-interest. They dont really do crap for desktop linux that isnt their own projects (that they own and have full control over) and ubuntu linux and it's flavors.

Comment

Working...
          X