Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bcachefs Merged Into Linux-Next

Phoronix: Bcachefs Merged Into Linux-Next

While Bcachefs was not merged for the Linux 6.6 cycle with one of the concerns raised by Linus Torvalds being that it hadn't been vetted via the "linux-next" staging area, that process has now begun to raise hopes of potentially seeing the new file-system driver introduced for Linux 6.7...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow! Kent swept his ego aside and plays along with Linux and his crew. This is promising as now we're back to code instead of emotion. My hopes for bcackefs are high :-)

Comment

sweet! looking forward to this getting merged in mainline

Comment

Good.

Comment

Someboby from ByteDance seems to be interested in contribute some fixes too...

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/e...df3fb1c4f502ab

Aby volunteer to update the Wikipedia entry with the recent events? I'm not sure what to write. I would write 6.6 try, certain issues and linux-next merge.

Last edited by timofonic; 12 September 2023, 07:37 AM.

Comment

good I cant wait for it to be mainlined. I hope i'll be able to test it soon

Comment

All of the BCA chefs breathed a collective sigh of relief this morning.

Comment

This is encouraging to see, already some fixes are in since the merge.

Comment

Kudos to Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                    All of the BCA chefs breathed a collective sigh of relief this morning.
                    Indeed :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X