SysVinit 3.08 Released With A Couple Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    Yeah, Slack is back on my list of distro to have for the same reasons you do. Mostly adventure for now, but a workstatiin that just does its job, the way I want it. Good to know it has that FlatPak support as well.

I already use MX. I feel its worth monetary support just for 32 bit support alone.

Arch I cut my teeth on over a decade ago and kept since and prefer to simply 'community' graphically install as needed.

OpenSuSe is also back on my radar.

My linux usage reverted to mere lump-user about 5 years ago, when everything had pretty much changed over from what I had sort of learned.
    I'd stick with MX. If you have already found that it has everything you need or you made it have everything you want? I would keep it. Nothing wrong with distributions with massive user bases. I used manjaro for quite a long time cause it had such great support on tap to massive swaths of software, but I had been on systemd since 2011, just got sick of its shitty process supervision. You being on MX grants you that same type of access except even more so, especially if it has access like debian to software repos, debian distributions have the best software access.

It was inevitable that I stayed on slack, the power of slack pulled me back. I can't describe it's inexplicable mystique, it just stays there staring at me. I open up a terminal it spews "Hey feck here's a fortune, when you gonna write something?"

"People use Mac & Windoze cause they like what's given to them, people use GNU Linux cause they actually really love computers."
    Last edited by creative; 26 August 2023, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X