FreeRDP 3.0 Beta Brings AAD/AVD Authentication, WebSocket Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeRDP 3.0 Beta Brings AAD/AVD Authentication, WebSocket Transport

Phoronix: FreeRDP 3.0 Beta Brings AAD/AVD Authentication, WebSocket Transport

The first beta is out of FreeRDP 3.0, the open-source Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) implementation of that proprietary Microsoft protocol for remote desktop/GUI handling...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm confused in one thing, is this to remote into a Linux machine from whichever platform or just to remote to a windows machine from Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
      I'm confused in one thing, is this to remote into a Linux machine from whichever platform or just to remote to a windows machine from Linux?
      FreeRDP can be used to remote from all supported platforms (Linux, *BSD, etc) into all machines that support the RDP protocol, which is usually Windows (native) or Linux using Xrdp.

Comment

Nice! I sometimes get stuck with Remmina on a "Please wait" screen even if the windows machine is perfectly fine. That happens when I have an unstable connection. I hope this update will solve that.

Comment

Gnome remote desktop defaults now to FreeRDP. I think they are working on remote login now.
          VNC remains an option has been removed from the GUI (it was time).
          I never understood why they did not go the SPICE route but this is perhaps not the place to ask.

Comment

They deprecated the native wayland client and stated that the SDL client was a replacement. I wonder if that is the case and that it's in a good state.

Comment

Working...
            X