Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btrfs Deprecating Its Integrity Checker Tool

Phoronix: Btrfs Deprecating Its Integrity Checker Tool

Btrfs has long provided a built-in integrity checker tool into the file-system driver. However, slated for Linux 6.6 is deprecating of this integrity checker...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Didn't even know this feature existed.

Comment

Michael

Typo/grammar

"can be optionally enable to verify" should probably be "can be optionally enabled to verify"

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post
        Didn't even know this feature existed.
        The Kconfig title has been "Btrfs with integrity check tool compiled in (DANGEROUS)" for at least a year. So I (and probably most people) who came across the option left it disabled.

Comment

I still don't know what this feature actually does. It sounds like an automatic scrub on sections right after they're written, but that still wouldn't help in the event of a power outage...

Comment

I think btrfs is a maintenance burden too, let's remove it.

Comment

:'D sums up the story of Btrfs pretty well.

Comment

Has Btrfs some foundation to preserve and gain market traction and maybe some adoption among those who could like it and maybe make some progress?

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                  I think btrfs is a maintenance burden too, let's remove it.
                  The whole of Linux is a maintenance burden. Oh wait, some people call that their job.

Comment

Originally posted by ferry View Post

The whole of Linux is a maintenance burden. Oh wait, some people call that their job.
                    Life itself is a maintenance burden, it's time to unalive ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X