Linux kCFI/FineIBT Weaknesses Addressed By Rewriting Some Assembly In C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    imho Makefiles are even worse than C, bcoz C is just old and Makefiles are downright disgusting.
    [Makefiles] I, for one, love languages that are non-Turing complete and which can be statically evaluated.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

I'll presume you are were being sarcastic?

This is a programming logic error not a memory leak issue (or whatever type of memory issues Rust solves).

"I am not a Rust programmer nor do I play one on TV."
      Well, that's relative to old manual memory management code, and just on the memory side. I mean low level C is not exactly the most type safe thing, there's a tendency for opaque objects and hardcoded "supposed to work do not touch" thingies, prolific casting and cryptic multiple indirection chains.

So using a more type safe language has room to avoid overlooked logical errors as well.

I hardly doubt someone would set on to write a new language just to fix memory management, you can do that by writing a couple of classes or use mode modern language features. It is not like memory management is the only thing wrong with low level programming.

And yes, I was being sarcastic, which does not prevent me from acknowledging them specific drawbacks and advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

What would you suggest with the same features and cross-platform support?
        🔥 A cross-platform build utility based on Lua. Contribute to xmake-io/xmake development by creating an account on GitHub.

From the building systems I have used, I believe xmake is the best. And Lua can well support cross platform and cross architecture

Comment

Working...
        X