Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creative View Post
    rogerx

That's exactly what I thought when reading about the originator of systemd.

There will always be Linux distros and developers to pick up after Microsoft's destruction. If intentional damage has been done I don't think we are dealing with a Gordian Knot, distributions without systemd already exist.

In fact I would say Linux is beyond the Gordian Knot as a challenge for Microsoft, Microsoft is basically dealing with a mass civilization of individual autonomous Hydras.

Anything is possible though, I don't count myself naive.

It's sort of like the subject of Harfbuzz. Do I need to actually go in and manually move all the libraries/engine to a safer place to actually see how much damage has been done? I have seriously been thinking about it.

Don't count pipewire out of this either, there have been other users on here that have made comments that have shared my suspicions and we all have every right to be suspicious.

Anyone is welcome to call me a nutter, it's healthy to have doubts and for multiple reasons. I'd rather not be toxic about it though.

On this note, I do not believe systemd, pulseaudio/pipewire, rust language to be the actual saviors of our problems.

Nothing but problems for me, and reverting to the more commonly used solutions (or alternatives for those searching) solved more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerx View Post

On this note, I do not believe systemd, pulseaudio/pipewire, rust language to be the actual saviors of our problems.

Nothing but problems for me, and reverting to the more commonly used solutions (or alternatives for those searching) solved more problems.
      Yes it’s called conservatism. You see the world changing and you’re scared by it, so you’re forced to either accept that change happens, or put on those rose tinted glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerx View Post

I have been seriously thinking about going back to Slackware after many years, maybe even giving Void a go again, just this time using the Conty application which is containerized Arch Linux for stuff like Steam and other things.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post

Yes it’s called conservatism. You see the world changing and you’re scared by it, so you’re forced to either accept that change happens, or put on those rose tinted glasses.
          Yes, I tend to suffer from conservatism, however it is due to getting older and more tired of garbage within society. Modern religious movements tend to utilize terms such as "being scared" after seeing a computer blow apart, rather than use better terms such as "being wiser..." and not buying or attaching that per computer peripherals again. More so to force others believe they're right versus live knowing somebody completely understands you.

Think this is where us conservative folks tend to lock our doors and stay inside, both during the daytime and nighttime, rather than just nighttime.

Comment

this release will help with y2038 - at least for tumbleweed - as a new function will allow it to replace an old datestamp function,

Comment

Working...
            X