Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• systemd 254-rc2 Brings A Few More Changes

Phoronix: systemd 254-rc2 Brings A Few More Changes

Earlier this month brought the release of systemd 254-rc1 with a new soft-reboot mechanism, officially deprecating System V scripts, a new systemd-battery-check process that runs at boot to check any system battery level status, and various other changes. On Friday systemd 254-rc2 was released with a few more changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How do you know a gardener uses Linux?

They use Poettering soil in their planters!

Happy Saturday, y'all.

Comment

I'm so happy that my garden grows completely without Poettering soil.

Comment

I think Poettering soil is excellent! The only problem is its tied specifically to Linus powered pots and once you switch to it you can never go back to regular soil ever!

Comment

That is a very nice feature and courtesy for laptop users.

Comment

potheads!

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
              I think Poettering soil is excellent! The only problem is its tied specifically to Linus powered pots and once you switch to it you can never go back to regular soil ever!
              You're only locked to Lennart pots when you use soild; Pottering soil. There are still other options for Linus pots like Growit and LoamRC.

creative I thought the same thing. I'd rather a system be safely shut down during early boot than to be killed right as I'm logging on and things are happening.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

You're only locked to Lennart pots when you use soild; Pottering soil. There are still other options for Linus pots like Growit and LoamRC.

creative I thought the same thing. I'd rather a system be safely shut down during early boot than to be killed right as I'm logging on and things are happening.
                I heard that Linus pots are low in iron content

Comment

... systemd changing the operating system name from linux to microsoft? Not yet? Why the long wait?

Comment

rogerx

That's exactly what I thought when reading about the originator of systemd.

There will always be Linux distros and developers to pick up after Microsoft's destruction. If intentional damage has been done I don't think we are dealing with a Gordian Knot, distributions without systemd already exist.

In fact I would say Linux is beyond the Gordian Knot as a challenge for Microsoft, Microsoft is basically dealing with a mass civilization of individual autonomous Hydras.

Anything is possible though, I don't count myself naive.

It's sort of like the subject of Harfbuzz. Do I need to actually go in and manually move all the libraries/engine to a safer place to actually see how much damage has been done? I have seriously been thinking about it.

Don't count pipewire out of this either, there have been other users on here that have made comments that have shared my suspicions and we all have every right to be suspicious.

Anyone is welcome to call me a nutter, it's healthy to have doubts and for multiple reasons. I'd rather not be toxic about it though.

For at least me systemd has been great and as of recently pipewire too. I don't share the "everything is peachy and life is grand" attitude though, cause I know people will accept a grand to not make it so.

I don't get supernoid about the stuff, I am actually thankful for a lot of the developers hard work and I also know there are alternatives as well.

If I really start to not like something, I won't make a huge fuss about it and will choose those alternatives.
                    Last edited by creative; 16 July 2023, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X