Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTFS Driver For Linux 6.5 Brings Small Optimizations & Fixes

Phoronix: NTFS Driver For Linux 6.5 Brings Small Optimizations & Fixes

Konstantin Komarov of Paragon Software has submitted the NTFS(3) file-system driver updates for the nearly-closed Linux 6.5 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Definitely good. I could never bring myself to share my gaming SSD's with Windows though, I formatted all of them with Ext4. That way in case Windows 11 decides to delete files like Windows 10 once did after an update for a lot of users, you get the idea.

No no no Windows you get to have yourself nicely quarantined in your own individual little space on a drive not shared with other operating systems.
    Last edited by creative; 08 July 2023, 09:16 AM.

Comment

endian fixes. funny. people still run big endian systems.

Comment

I hope they upstream their APFS and ReFS implementations for Linux too.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
          Definitely good. I could never bring myself to share my gaming SSD's with Windows though, I formatted all of them with Ext4. That way in case Windows 11 decides to delete files like Windows 10 once did after an update for a lot of users, you get the idea.

No no no Windows you get to have yourself nicely quarantined in your own individual little space on a drive not shared with other operating systems.
          If you get targeted, that's not going to save you from a determined hacker. They'll either delete the partitions they can't read then immediately issue a TRIM command, or bring their own ext4 driver for windows, or from the Linux side, just mount the partition after a priv escalation exploit and trash it. It also won't save you from a Windows (or Linux) bug that trashes the partition tables in ways that may or may not be easily recoverable. I know... I'm rosy and cheerful today. I just ran across some really sneaky malware and it's got me a little paranoid.

Comment

stormcrow

Wasn't talking about hackers dude, was talking about windows update. You are conflating your issues with some simple statements made.

Be glad you didn't lose your dad to cancer and now a sibling has cancer too. I have my own stuff to deal with. My whole family has all sorts of health issues, don't have time for that.
            Last edited by creative; 08 July 2023, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
              stormcrow

Wasn't talking about hackers dude, was talking about windows update. You are conflating your issues with some simple statements made.

Be glad you didn't lose your dad to cancer and now a sibling has cancer too. I have my own stuff to deal with. My whole family has all sorts of health issues, don't have time for that.
              The other user got confused. It's not personal. Please calm down.

Comment

timofonic

I'm going to politely ask you to mind your own business. This person was addressing me not you and who are you to act like you own the place anyway?

Looking through your posts it appears that you like to be an agitator.

Oh wait now I remember, this is why I get tired of posting here and won't make posts for long periods of time, nevermind.
                Last edited by creative; 08 July 2023, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic
                  Michael Please ban him. But you never clean this place, unfortunately.
                  We are whining here? Count me in.

See I had a post removed because I said "anime girl" 🥺🥺, like I didn't even.

That said I don't like the idea of mod banning someone, no matter how much you disaggre with someone. Its just like what you said, about not wanting opinion of others.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic

I prefer to be an agitator than a moron, sincerely.

You should go back to your Microsoft Windows and Winblows Update fetishism

If you don't want others' opinions, write a private message

You have severe mental issues and your life sucks, that's why you write pathetic shit here.

GTFO.

Please never come back. World is better without you!

Go ahead. Stop posting. Stop visiting Phoronix. You and a bunch others Morons should do the same.

If you have mental health issues like many other trolls here, fix them before throwing shit at us.

Please stop polluting comments with your useless and nonsense stupidity full of real or fake traumatic stuff, I don't care. Thanks in advance.

You and others make Phoronix become Moronix. Euthanasia is a good option for you all!

Michael Please ban him. But you never clean this place, unfortunately.
                    I boot into windows maybe twice a year dude. How would you know that I have mental issues if you are not me or are a friend of mine? My life does not suck. I actually don't hang out here that often, sometimes I will go months without posts. My point in bringing up family stuff is that paranoia and gripes about certain tech issues are far outweighed by serious health concerns.

I was just annoyed a bit.

What you have proven is that you have a tendency to agitate, it's quite evident that you are being extremely nasty and agitated.

If I was banned it would be banning someone who has financially supported phoronix in the past. I have paid my dues to a certain extent, and no I don't think that gives me any type of power either. What I do see is you with a power trip, so I played on that cause I could clearly see you are an agitator yourself. Let people be conspiracy theorist who cares.

What I am really curious about is if stormcrow = timofonic?

I am not perfect either, sometime or another just about everyone vents on forums. It happens.

If you look through all my posts, I actually don't get nasty that often. I have even tried to be helpful in some cases, like with the new steam update, xdg-desktop-portal-gnome, I said if you are having issues with steam loading, toss it for the time being, there is a regression.

"Please never come back. World is better without you!" <<<-----What's this all about? Are you implying that just cause you don't like someone
                    that they should toss themselves away? And if so to what extreme?

"Euthanasia is a good option for you all!" <<<-----Hmmm this seems to have answered the question above.

Last edited by creative; 09 July 2023, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X