Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.4 Released With Early Apple M2 Code, More WiFi 7, AMD Guided Autonomous Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.4 Released With Early Apple M2 Code, More WiFi 7, AMD Guided Autonomous Mode

Phoronix: Linux 6.4 Released With Early Apple M2 Code, More WiFi 7, AMD Guided Autonomous Mode

As expected Linux 6.4 is out today as stable as an on-time release following a relatively quiet cycle the past two months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is two halves to the globe, and one of them isn't summer. It is however, June.
    Hi

Comment

What happened the the fast kernel headers project from Ingo Molnar??

That’s what I want to see as the main update for the next kernel version…

Comment

funny how 6 hours later it is still not listed or available as official tarball from kernel.org, ...

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
          What happened the the fast kernel headers project from Ingo Molnar??

That’s what I want to see as the main update for the next kernel version…
          I couldn't find much about it. Latest post on kernel thread is over a year ago. There's an invite to a public talk on the subject, but I didn't find any replies and looking at the schedule I didn't find it, so I'll assume that he hasn't accepted this invitation.

I would really like to see this patch merged as well, but it does seem to have stalled.

What gives me some hope is that the dev cycles for this patches (latest iteration was v3) seem to be long, over a year after the previous announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
            funny how 6 hours later it is still not listed or available as official tarball from kernel.org, ...
            Who cares? I've long stopped using .0 releases 'cause they normally contain a huge number of regressions. Nowadays I wait at the very least until .4 or .5 release to upgrade to. XFS major data corruption bug was fixed only in 6.3.5.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

Who cares? I've long stopped using .0 releases 'cause they normally contain a huge number of regressions. Nowadays I wait at the very least until .4 or .5 release to upgrade to. XFS major data corruption bug was fixed only in 6.3.5.
              that's true and I do the same shipping only the first .1 patch level update with the first round of major fixes in our #t2sde Linux https://t2sde.org/packages/linux - I was just wondering what is going on when putting out the tarballs takes that long or if it was pulled for some major reason already, ... but they are there now. So I guess the release time was just not working Sunday night ;-)

Comment

I have built on Ubuntu 23.04 and boots/runs just okay. And, Arif Iqbal is still working at WNS news.

i7-13700K, RX 6800XT, 48 GB RAM, EXT4 file system, AX200 WiFi. All work just fine. It is warm, jump in.
                Attached Files

Comment

Waiting for benchmarks and (stability on arch repo).

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
                    I have built on Ubuntu 23.04 and boots/runs just okay. And, Arif Iqbal is still working at WNS news.

i7-13700K, RX 6800XT, 48 GB RAM, EXT4 file system, AX200 WiFi. All work just fine. It is warm, jump in.
                    don't see it with this link yet... https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/?C=N;O=D

Comment

Working...
                    X