Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.3 Features Have A Lot For AMD & Intel, Steam Deck, ASUS Motherboards & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always compiled my own kernel and had no issues apart from bugs due to jumping the gun on early RCs.

Comment

Anyone know what level of support for G923 they are providing? To get full support for G29 you still have to build an external module and those have been around for years.

Edit: Looks like it adds equivalent support to the G920 for the XBOX version. If you have the PS version you'd still the external driver:
      Last edited by writequit; 24 April 2023, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by domih View Post
        Using https://github.com/pimlie/ubuntu-mainline-kernel.sh.git script makes very easy to install Ubuntu kernels and also remove old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by miliki View Post
          Seems good, but how does one gets this/these kernels updates without breaking the current installation?
          I mean, I've see posts on kernel installations but it's always followed by warnings like "don't install this unless you're REALLY sure you need it 'cause it could break parts or all of your system" and/or "wait for your distribution to update it", which in my case "kde neon" (it uses ubuntu as it base) could take month/years.
          Use Fedora. They update the kernel and after some time it will get 6.3. During boot you'll be able to choose the newest or older one. I'm always compiling kernel with my own config, because default config in Fedora or Ubuntu is a joke for desktop. Compilation and installation is quite easy. When you do it once you can save your config for future compilations. You can choose features you like and experiment with them.
          Last edited by Volta; 24 April 2023, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Which Asus motherboards will be involved? All in general?

Comment

I have an issue where I can't shutdown and power off my Zen 4 box. I'm running Kubuntu 22.04, and if I use the vendor kernel, it works. But if I a use a custom kernel or a Canonical mainline build kernel and I attempt to power off the system, it just reboots. This has been true for 6.0 - 6.3.

Anyone have any idea or experienced the same thing? I'm using a 7950x with an x670e chipset.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakobson View Post

Using https://github.com/pimlie/ubuntu-mainline-kernel.sh.git script makes very easy to install Ubuntu kernels and also remove old ones.
                Very good!

Note: I only tested -l, -r, -r v6. I'll try -i, -u, -p, -do on a VM later.

Question
                What do you mean here (line #217):

-s|--signed)
                log "The option '--signed' is not yet implemented"​

I looked at install) (line #549) and check_signature and check_checksum are set to 1 by default so the CHECKSUMS signature is checked (line #699) and the sha256 are verified (line #722)

Comment

Working...
                X