Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Makes Public Their Open-Source PSP Security Protocol

Phoronix: Google Makes Public Their Open-Source PSP Security Protocol

Hearing "open-source", "PSP", and "security" all together got me excited with my initial reaction thinking it was about AMD's Platform Security Processor (PSP) albeit that's not the case here. Google's PSP announced today is the "PSP Security Protocol" and is designed for dealing with cryptographic hardware offloading at data center scale and used by Google already in production...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice click-bait...

Guess PSP means 3 things now:
    - Platform Security Processor
    - PSP Security Protocol
    - PlayStation Portable

Only one of them has a screen.

Comment

Does it sound a lot like WireGuard, or is it something different?

Comment

Optimistically, I think that the same forces driving open software in other areas will result in open 'ME' and 'PSP' in future. Large companies with sufficient buying power will simply not accept black boxes in their hardware/software and vendors will fold rather than lose major accounts.

Pessimistically, I imagine that large companies with sufficient buying power will be given such visibility and guarantees as they desire under NDA, and for individual customers the situation will not change.

Comment

PSP (a recursive acronym for PSP Security Protocol)
          Are you freaking kidding me? P stands for PSP and SP stands for Security Protocol so the full name is PSP Security Protocol.

I need to get me some money from the ATM Teller Machine to buy a CPU Processing Unit from the AMD Micro Devices. Later tonight I'm gonna watch me a movie offa this here DVD Video Disk, boy howdy.

Comment

Couldn't they find another name for fucks sake?
            Or they are intentinally trying to make it harder for people to see articles about AMD PSP?
            What's next, release something called Pluton?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              Are you freaking kidding me? P stands for PSP and SP stands for Security Protocol so the full name is PSP Security Protocol.
              I'm more annoyed about how the name says absolutely nothing about what the thing even is beyond "it's a security protocol".

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I need to get me some money from the ATM Teller Machine to buy a CPU Processing Unit from the AMD Micro Devices. Later tonight I'm gonna watch me a movie offa this here DVD Video Disk, boy howdy.
                this is a common thing, Wine curl jack lame etc.

Comment

To me PSP=PlayStation Portable, always

Comment

It's a long list. They included the 6502 Push Stack Pointer instruction but missed the PIC microcontroller's Parallel Slave Port.
                    Last edited by bridgman; 19 May 2022, 06:47 PM.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X