Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Batch Of LoongArch Patches Posted For The Linux Kernel

Phoronix: Latest Batch Of LoongArch Patches Posted For The Linux Kernel

China's Loongson has posted their latest set of patches for enabling their MIPS-derived LoongArch CPU architecture for the Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael Sure you've heard this, but just in case you haven't, Linus is upping the kernel from C89 to C11.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Michael Sure you've heard this, but just in case you haven't, Linus is upping the kernel from C89 to C11.
      Cool. It's going to make back-porting of patches annoying, but it's a pill that eventually has to be swallowed for the kernel to keep moving forward.

I wish C would adopt templates. Even as I say that, it seems as if C++ is trying to move away from them, as much as possible. I guess C11 tried to split the difference, with the _Generic keyword.

Comment

Really glad they are improving their technology and code.

More diversity of CPUs are good

Comment

After saying looongarch was just a MIPS, you now realize it is true ISA that is constantly evolving.
          ​​​​​i found your first statement on their work very premature. Never late to acknowledge it. And even in times.of pire MIPS, they sent their chips to space station, mars rovers etc with rad chips based on loongson, banking systems. Why would they lie about something they owned already ?
          Their achievement deserves respect. We are about technology, not politics. They just can't break écosystem, they need to maintain compatibility and that's what all western do. In loongarch, they maintain MIPS and use some risk v but the documents indicates it is clearly a new ISA.
          Same hysteria when harmony os came out, ars technical were quick to say it was a fork, which wwhich. Samsung released tizen entirely built on Linux and we didn't hear any criticism. Some media maybe be unconsciously biaised (I hope so)

Comment

Working...
          X