Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reiser4/Reiser5 File-System Driver Updated For Linux 5.13

Phoronix: Reiser4/Reiser5 File-System Driver Updated For Linux 5.13

While Linux 5.14 stable is expected next weekend, the Reiser4 (and experimental Reiser5) file-system driver code has been finally updated for compatibility with the Linux 5.13 kernel series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Shishkin should really rename it to ShishkinFS. Especially version 5.

Comment

Michael, I didn't subscribe to this thread, either. Yet, somehow it shows I am. Is anyone else experiencing this?

For me, it's has now happened a few times. Still, very rare. More unsettling than a real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Michael, I didn't subscribe to this thread, either. Yet, somehow it shows I am. Is anyone else experiencing this?

For me, it's has now happened a few times. Still, very rare. More unsettling than a real problem.
        That's an issue I've had as well. Maybe 3-4 times per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rose View Post
          Shishkin should really rename it to ShishkinFS. Especially version 5.
          To re-iterate the old chestnut, they need to rename it!

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

That's an issue I've had as well. Maybe 3-4 times per year.
            I have the impression that I'm shadow-banned.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post

I have the impression that I'm shadow-banned.
              I get quoted every once and a while from someone who is shadow-banned. I keep telling them to make a new account but they keep on posting with an account that not even I can read. I just occasionally get quoted so I know they exist...other than that...wouldn't even know.

Due to those experiences, I don't think you're shadow-banned since I can actually read your post. If this was a shadow-banned situation I'd reply with lowflyer and let you know so you can notify the powers that be and go from there.

Comment

I get quoted every once and a while from someone who is shadow-banned. <snip...>
                skeevy420, thanks for the confirmation. Now I know that I'm not shadowbanned.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
                  skeevy420, thanks for the confirmation. Now I know that I'm not shadowbanned.
                  Which begs the question -- Which is worse, being shadow-banned or not getting replies or likes so you think you're shadow-banned?

I know which one would mess with my self-esteem.

Comment

I get quoted every once and a while from someone who is shadow-banned. ... I just occasionally get quoted so I know they exist...other than that...wouldn't even know.
                    It's probably just a post in the moderation queue. If you went back, after a while, you'd probably be able to see the posts.

The main issue with posts getting withheld is usually links, but I've had a few posts held for moderation that had no links.

All you can really do is bug Michael to update his spam filter to something a bit more sophisticated.

I keep telling them to make a new account but they keep on posting with an account that not even I can read.
                    I don't think that would help, since the filter probably just keys off the content of the posts. Even if it looks at the history of the account, the new account would probably get classified the same as their old one, before long.

Comment

Working...
                    X