QEMU 5.2 Released For Improving The Linux Open-Source Virtualization Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QEMU 5.2 Released For Improving The Linux Open-Source Virtualization Stack

Phoronix: QEMU 5.2 Released For Improving The Linux Open-Source Virtualization Stack

QEMU 5.2 was released on Tuesday as the latest feature release for this open-source processor emulator that plays an important role in the open-source Linux virtualization stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone know if it's possible to emulate a Pi Zero with this release? I did compile it myself a few weeks ago but never managed to run a kernel, it always panics. I will try again when it's available in the official repo (Arch Linux)

Comment

I don't know how much of this you already know LuneilGR but I found this in the full changelog linked in the article:
      New board models in the raspi family: raspi3ap (the Pi 3 model A+), raspi0 (the Pi Zero) and raspi1ap (the Pi A+)

Comment

Originally posted by oztmorf View Post
        I don't know how much of this you already know LuneilGR but I found this in the full changelog linked in the article:
        New board models in the raspi family: raspi3ap (the Pi 3 model A+), raspi0 (the Pi Zero) and raspi1ap (the Pi A+)
        Hey, thanks I already know this, I tried yesterday with qemu 5.2.0 and I didn't manage to boot any kernel. I get the same errors with my self compiled one from a few weeks ago. Maybe I'm missing some parameters or something.

Comment

Working...
        X