Linux 5.10-rc7 Arrives - Linux 5.10 LTS Debut Expected Next Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.10-rc7 Arrives - Linux 5.10 LTS Debut Expected Next Weekend

Phoronix: Linux 5.10-rc7 Arrives - Linux 5.10 LTS Debut Expected Next Weekend

While for a while the Linux 5.10 development was trending concerningly high on changes late in the cycle, 5.10-rc7 is out today and Linus Torvalds appears comfortable in planning to release the 5.10 kernel next weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good thing this is still an rc, as a stable release that doesn't compile would be rather worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      Good thing this is still an rc, as a stable release that doesn't compile would be rather worrying.
      It's doesn't compile? I just compiled it, and have also built all them back to -rc1.
      Maybe there are certain options you could be using that would cause an error, but nothing I'm triggering.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
        What architecture, compiler tool chain, and kernel config are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

What architecture, compiler tool chain, and kernel config are you using?
          SPARC with the Intel C Compiler and the omap1_defconfig in the Library.

Did I win Kernel Clue?

Comment

Working...
          X