Cachy Is The Latest Effort To Provide A Better Linux CPU Scheduler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cachy Is The Latest Effort To Provide A Better Linux CPU Scheduler

Phoronix: Cachy Is The Latest Effort To Provide A Better Linux CPU Scheduler

Cachy is a Linux CPU scheduler that has been generating some attention over the past month that aims for optimal CPU cache usage and based on a Highest Response Ration Next (HRRN) policy...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Freaking youtube video? This google cancer needs to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
      Nothing wrong with uploading to Youtube, but why not also share as torrent?

Comment

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post

This and to other file sharing sites that aren't driven by spying clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
          Use mpv. No ads, nothing. Just the video.

$ mpv https://youtu.be/jt1xl3wtZ0s

Comment

Unfortunately there are many things wrong with uploading to Youtube.
            It's centralized, meaning they can decide when they want to take it down, censor it, geoblock it, force ads on you and they keep resetting the tracking cookies so we have to opt-out multiple times in an intentionally cluttered cookie settings interface.
            They should put it on Peertube, decentralized, no ads, no bulshit spyware like Google and it's using webtorrent technology which in theory could achieve greater speed than Youtube.
            There's also LBRY which is trying something similar.
            Of course in worst case, torrent would be nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Unfortunately there are many things wrong with uploading to Youtube.
              It's centralized, meaning they can decide when they want to take it down, censor it, geoblock it, force ads on you and they keep resetting the tracking cookies so we have to opt-out multiple times in an intentionally cluttered cookie settings interface.
              They should put it on Peertube, decentralized, no ads, no bulshit spyware like Google and it's using webtorrent technology which in theory could achieve greater speed than Youtube.
              There's also LBRY which is trying something similar.
              Of course in worst case, torrent would be nice too.
              It isn't a problem that Youtube is centralized, for the specific reason that it's not a lock-in thing. I mean, you don't have to like Youtube, but when you propose using censorship as a solution, I get very skeptical.

Comment

It isn't a problem that Youtube is centralized, for the specific reason that it's not a lock-in thing. I mean, you don't have to like Youtube, but when you propose using censorship as a solution, I get very skeptical.
                It is a problem that Youtube is centalized, because Google or the government decides what you should watch or what not.
                Have a look how they censored or taken down the videos about 5G possibility of causing health problems or some videos about crypto.
                They do whatever they want or what the government tells them to do.

What are you talking about me proposing a censorship as a solution, please read again, I'm proposing the opposite, using peertube:

Comment

Same performance of CFS. Call me when someone creates a schedule with a REAL better performance than CFS.
                  Last edited by Mario Junior; 23 August 2020, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
                    Same performance of CFS. Call me when someone creates a schedule with a REAL better performance than CFS.
                    Have you tested it to come to that conclusion?

Comment

Working...
                    X