Cachy Is The Latest Effort To Provide A Better Linux CPU Scheduler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Have you tested it to come to that conclusion?
    I think it should be shown by the author.

Comment

On what grounds will it be rejected I wonder? MuQSS hasn't found its way into the kernel - I really much doubt this one will.

Comment

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post

Nothing wrong with uploading to Youtube, but why not also share as torrent?
        Nothing wrong? The problem is that the stock embed sets a cookie (and I guess it does even if you are protected by GDPR) without consent, which screws me up and forces me to blow the browser up, sign in again and yeah....

There are privacy-aware versions of the embed, like the ones I have seen in some areas, including these forums (it only loads the thumbnail and the embed appears only when you click on it).

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

It is a problem that Youtube is centalized, because Google or the government decides what you should watch or what not.
          Have a look how they censored or taken down the videos about 5G possibility of causing health problems or some videos about crypto.
          They do whatever they want or what the government tells them to do.

What are you talking about me proposing a censorship as a solution, please read again, I'm proposing the opposite, using peertube:
          The only problem with PeerTube:

Watching this video may reveal your IP address to others.
          This will sound creepy to Average Joe, and he will most likely run away after seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
            Same performance of CFS. Call me when someone creates a schedule with a REAL better performance than CFS.
            It's not always about performance. Did you test latency/responsiveness?

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
              Freaking youtube video? This google cancer needs to stop.
              You don't like youtube, don't use it, no one imposes it on you, but people are free to upload their videos where they see fit, otherwise it's a dictatorship!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

You don't like youtube, don't use it, no one imposes it on you, but people are free to upload their videos where they see fit, otherwise it's a dictatorship!
                Phoronix is not youtube. And yes, google's monopoly dictates too many things already.

Comment

What is the video supposed to show? all I see is a guy clicking random stuff.

Is there a video comparing before and after?

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Phoronix is not youtube. And yes, google's monopoly dictates too many things already.
                    But how do you think? This site takes the news and turns it to its users, if the video of the news is on youtube, it is obvious that the video will be on youtube, if it had been on Vimeo it would have been the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                      Have a look how they censored or taken down the videos about 5G possibility of causing health problems
                      Excuse me, this is laughable. Of course these videos should be taken down, because they're misinformation.

Comment

Working...
                      X