Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 245 Released - First Version Including Systemd-Homed

Phoronix: Systemd 245 Released - First Version Including Systemd-Homed

Systemd 245 RC2 was released just earlier this week while now it has been succeeded by the stable release of systemd 245...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"* systemd-resolved's DNS-over-TLS support gained SNI validation."

That's me ^^
    Useful for nextdns.io for example.

Comment

Awesome, another great use for my yubikey.

Comment

Will this come to Ubuntu 20.04 or they will say again that it's too late?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          Don't think so. Feature freeze was last week. It probably won't be in Ubuntu until 20.10 or 20.04.1.
          Last edited by WonkoTheSaneUK; 06 March 2020, 11:30 AM. Reason: EDIT: Better wordings

Comment

As it is past the feature freeze date it would normally be too late at this point, but if you want it to be considered for inclusion you would have to submit a feature freeze exception bug with your builds and testing for the release team to consider inclusion.

Comment

In a distro with thousands of packages, there's always multiple $AWESOME_THING just around the corner. If they'd keep waiting for those they'd never get a release out of the door.

Comment

Are there any good articles on how to utilize some of the new homed features before they are eventually baked into the distro? I'm most interested in backups and portability.

Comment

Originally posted by guilhem View Post
                  "* systemd-resolved's DNS-over-TLS support gained SNI validation."

That's me ^^
                  Useful for nextdns.io for example.
                  I wish NetworkManager would gain support for setting DoT or DoH.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                    Soon on Fedora 32 \o/
                    It's technically already in Fedora 32.

Comment

Working...
                    X