Canonical's Multipass 1.1 Brings Proxy Support, Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Ah yes, classic Canonical tactical. Any criticism is trolling or FUD.
    I never said that.
    It's obvious though that many haters in here are coming in numbers to thrash anything Canonical/Ubuntu whenever they see an article. Canonical sympathizer (or tolerant towards them) don't go and bother every one on a Fedora/Arch/other article. Which shows that the frustration is one-sided.

Most of the time there is little argumentation but trolling for the sake of it. Lots of common places, intolerance towards others' preferences, and a tendency to want to put forward their distro, DE, whatever as the best there is in the entire universe. Not many people listen to them I reckon. They need the audience.

Some can justify themselves and usually they're the more measured ones, and yet the ones that can lead the discussion further. But they're the rare bird.
    Last edited by Mez'; 04 March 2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
      I never said that.
      It's obvious though that many haters in here are coming in numbers to thrash anything Canonical/Ubuntu whenever they see an article. Canonical sympathizer (or tolerant towards them) don't go and bother every one on a Fedora/Arch/other article. Which shows that the frustration is one-sided.

Most of the time there is little argumentation but trolling for the sake of it. Lots of common places, intolerance towards others' preferences, and a tendency to want to put forward their distro, DE, whatever as the best there is in the entire universe. Not many people listen to them I reckon. They need the audience.

Some can justify themselves and usually they're the more measured ones, and yet the ones that can lead the discussion further. But they're the rare bird.
      Second classic Canonical tactic, claim you didn't say something when you actually did 5 minutes earlier.

Comment

Ah yes, classic Canonical tactical. Any criticism is trolling or FUD.
        No, classic comments for an article about Canonical. No intelligent criticism, just trolling or FUD.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

No, classic comments for an article about Canonical. No intelligent criticism, just trolling or FUD.
          I agree, Canonical for point of view of these can't make software, the stupid of this thing is most of this guys when they want something who works on desktop are using windows or ubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

I agree, Canonical for point of view of these can't make software, the stupid of this thing is most of this guys when they want something who works on desktop are using windows or ubuntu
            Actually from the point of view of those people Canonical isn't allowed to ever develop anything because fragmentation and NIH. Linux according to the same cult is "all about choice" except when the choice comes from Canonical. Only RedHat and neckbeards are allowed to contribute to the community provided that they never go beyond the capabilities of 1972 Uneeeeeeex.

Comment

Actually from the point of view of those people Canonical isn't allowed to ever develop anything because fragmentation and NIH. Linux according to the same cult is "all about choice" except when the choice comes from Canonical. Only RedHat and neckbeards are allowed to contribute to the community provided that they never go beyond the capabilities of 1972 Uneeeeeeex.
              Red Hat and "neckbeards" don't develop software under license agreements that allow them to make proptieary copies or pushes vendor lock in.

Comment

Red Hat and "neckbeards" don't develop software under license agreements that allow them to make proptieary copies or pushes vendor lock in.
                So for the millionth time, Canonical's software is FOSS. The CLA that apply to SOME (but not all) of their projects don't push any vendor lock in and in fact don't prevent anyone from exercising any of the four freedoms that define FOSS. They only restrict what can be merged into Canonical's releases, but ultimately that hurts no-one except Canonical themselves.

Comment

So for the millionth time, Canonical's software is FOSS. The CLA that apply to SOME (but not all) of their projects don't push any vendor lock in and in fact don't prevent anyone from exercising any of the four freedoms that define FOSS. They only restrict what can be merged into Canonical's releases, but ultimately that hurts no-one except Canonical themselves.
                  Snap
                  https://thenewstack.io/canonicals-sn...good-bad-ugly/

Mir ...everyone (Redhad Suse Arch Debian etc ) have been questioning the future of xserver - there was a agreement - well let us develop wayland as a common alternative...Canonical opted out with mir ...great this has further splitted the community.
                  I know that one could push the we need diversity argument, fine. But there was a common standard called xserver. The point was and still is - it is outdated since years maybe decades the next step is something like opengl to vulkan.
                  But no canonical had its apple metal moment and decided they will do their own new standard.
                  Screwing up everything and now decided to drop it.
                  Thousands of workhours of skilled devs went into a sideproject. I bet if they would have contributed to wayland they also would have had wayland defaulted since 18.04 plus they would have been able to include their core mir ideas aswell (more focus on mobile devices). But sure others would have profited from this not only Canoncial....somehow this is canonicals "lightning connector" and luckily it failed.

I dont want to rant on canonical - Ubuntu helped me to find my way into the Linux world and for this im really thankful and to be honest I liked Unity.
                  But since years they have this attitude described above and they are pushing it over and over again with new project ideas - which are not bad per se .
                  Therefore Im not longer using it (more or less). I m on Clear Linux, Arch and on PopOS(yes ubuntu core but somehow they dont screw it up it is more streamlined)

Comment

When reading this article, I was wondering what the Canonical haters zealots would have to complain about this time.

anarki2 and Danny3 are leading the race for now.

I was expecting better trolls though.
                    Neither is hating on canonical, both post valid and objective points.

Comment

It's obvious though that many haters in here are coming in numbers to thrash anything Canonical/Ubuntu whenever they see an article.
                      I'm sure it can't possibly be that Canonical has a knack for doing stupid things on their own and some people is just pissed by displays of ignorance and stupidity.

I mean, what about Microsoft and all people pissed about MS even if they use Windows for their own life.

Canonical sympathizer (or tolerant towards them) don't go and bother every one on a Fedora/Arch/other article. Which shows that the frustration is one-sided.
                      There is significant trolling on Fedora/RedHat or Debian threads too, and on some other distros, also there is for *BSD threads. The only distro-specific threads where there is no trolling more or less consistently are the ones about OpenSUSE and Arch/Manjaro/Gentoo

But feel free to assume bullshit if it's useful for your narrative, I'm sure none would notice.

And we thank you for providing such audience, good sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X