Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canonical's Multipass 1.1 Brings Proxy Support, Fixes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Canonical's Multipass 1.1 Brings Proxy Support, Fixes

    Phoronix: Canonical's Multipass 1.1 Brings Proxy Support, Fixes

    Multipass is the software developed by Ubuntu-maker Canonical that is advertised as "a mini-cloud on your workstation" that provides an Ubuntu command-line in "just a click" with native hypervisor support...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...s-1.1-Released

  • #2
    I don't get what's the point of this when we have something like Virtualbox ?
    I find Virtualbox easy enough and very user friendly.
    Or it's another dead-end project because Canonical is suffering from NIH syndrome ?
    And I really wonder when they will stop with the Snap crap...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      I don't get what's the point of this when we have something like Virtualbox ?
      I find Virtualbox easy enough and very user friendly.
      Or it's another dead-end project because Canonical is suffering from NIH syndrome ?
      And I really wonder when they will stop with the Snap crap...
      Something like Vagrant is probably more comparable.

      Comment


      • #4
        For those wondering what a multipass looks like:

        https://ibb.co/qktR759

        Comment


        • #5
          What's the use case for a "mini cloud" on a workstation? Why not just utilize actual cloud services? I don't see why anyone would want to run such a thing locally on their pc.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            For those wondering what a multipass looks like:

            https://ibb.co/qktR759
            to make this post complete https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWGbvemTag

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              What's the use case for a "mini cloud" on a workstation? Why not just utilize actual cloud services? I don't see why anyone would want to run such a thing locally on their pc.
              Devs use VMs to test out infrastructure and networks all the time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh yeah, we didn't have enough bugged Canonical stuff, let's bring some more!

                Comment


                • #9
                  When reading this article, I was wondering what the Canonical haters zealots would have to complain about this time.

                  anarki2 and Danny3 are leading the race for now.

                  I was expecting better trolls though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mez' View Post
                    When reading this article, I was wondering what the Canonical haters zealots would have to complain about this time.

                    anarki2 and Danny3 are leading the race for now.

                    I was expecting better trolls though.
                    Ah yes, classic Canonical tactical. Any criticism is trolling or FUD.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X