Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QEMU 4.2 Cycle Kicks Off With Inaugural Release Candidate

Phoronix: QEMU 4.2 Cycle Kicks Off With Inaugural Release Candidate

The initial release candidate for the upcoming QEMU 4.2 is now available as a sizable update to this important piece of the open-source Linux virtualization stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they finally fixed the horrible qcow2 data corruption bug that appeared in 4.1.

Comment

How can one report bugs to Qemu? They are supposedly using Launchpad bug tracker, but I haven't been able to log in there even once, after creating Ubuntu One account used by Launchpad.

Every time I log in, I get this:
      Oops!

Sorry, something just went wrong in Launchpad.

We’ve recorded what happened, and we’ll fix it as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.

(Error ID: OOPS-1602b8a182a6b0f941c782165c294717)
      I wish they used sane bug trackers instead.

Comment

Originally posted by -MacNuke- View Post
        I hope they finally fixed the horrible qcow2 data corruption bug that appeared in 4.1.
        Do you have a link to that? That sounds serious.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          How can one report bugs to Qemu? They are supposedly using Launchpad bug tracker, but I haven't been able to log in there even once, after creating Ubuntu One account used by Launchpad.

Indeed. Launchpad sucks.

Comment

Send it to the qemu-dev mailing list. Better than nothing :-)

Comment

Terrible article.
              You wrote 2.4 in the content.
              Would've been better off just quoting the change log.
              Also mobile site is terrible. When you click to sign in it clicks the ad in the background.
              Had to relaunch in brave to comment.
              I like your benchmarks but your articles are terrible.
              Please fix your sign in overlay; stop it from clicking ads in the background or I will just block ads.

Comment

Do you have a link to that? That sounds serious.
                I'm seeing massive corruption of qcow2 images with qemu 4.1.0 and git master as of 7f21573c822805a8e6be379d9bcf3ad9effef3dc after a few savevm/quit/loadvm cycles. I've narrowed it down to the following reproducer (further notes below): # qemu-img check debian.qcow2 No errors were found on the image. 251601/327680 = 76.78% allocated, 1.63% fragmented, 0.00% compressed clusters Image end offset: 18340446208 # bin/qemu/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -machine pc-q35-4.0.1,accel=kvm -m 4096 -chardev stdi...

When I install a new vm with qemu 4.1.0 all the guest filesystems are corrupt. The first boot from the install dvd iso is ok and the installer work fine. But the guest system hangs after the installer finishes and I reboot the guest. I can see the grub boot menue but the system cannot load the initramfs. Testet with: - RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.5, 7.6 and 7.7 (RedHat uses xfs for the /boot and / partition) Guided install with the graphical installer, no lvm selected. - Debian Stable/Buster (...

Comment

... They are supposedly using Launchpad bug tracker, but I haven't been able to log in there even once...
                  This doesn't really surprise me.
                  As someone who has a ppa on launchpad and used to use launchpad as translation service I have seen far too many error messages. I don't know what they do to keep breaking stuff....
                  Last edited by JonathanM; 09 November 2019, 12:21 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections

Comment

I had the same issue. After sending an e-mail to [email protected] with this info, they did something to my account to fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X