Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Rush 2.0 Released For Restricted User Shell

Phoronix: GNU Rush 2.0 Released For Restricted User Shell

GNU Rush 2.0 is out today as the latest major update to this restricted user shell that allows administrators greater control over the command line support exposed to users as well as system resource control and running remote programs within a chroot...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any distribution use this shell?
    Any service provider use this shell?

Comment

I just though someone had revived this project:
      Ruby replacement for bash+ssh. Contribute to adamwiggins/rush development by creating an account on GitHub.

That would have been awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe S?rensen View Post
        I just though someone had revived this project:
        Ruby replacement for bash+ssh. Contribute to adamwiggins/rush development by creating an account on GitHub.

That would have been awesome.
        Seems there was an attempt to resurrect it, but the PR is still opened and never merged.
        Refactor the code Retab Make all specs passed Add some heuristics and aliases And I really want to maintain it. If noone still doing it, may I?

Sucks for the guy who made that PR and it never got merged.
        He got his own branch that is much newer, from 2017.
        Ruby replacement for bash. Contribute to s-mage/rush development by creating an account on GitHub.

Maybe someone should rewrite it in Python. I am no fan of Ruby.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Any distribution use this shell?
          Any service provider use this shell?
          Are you saying that it shouldn't exist only because it's not popular?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Are you saying that it shouldn't exist only because it's not popular?
            No, I am not.
            I am just curious, if there is any distribution that ships it installed by default, or if any service provider uses it.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

No, I am not.
              I am just curious, if there is any distribution that ships it installed by default, or if any service provider uses it.
              The Toronto Pearson International Airport uses it.

Comment

English is not my main language, but I feel like

"Rush's configuration support"

is a weird use of the possessive form, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post

not only that, Michael Larabel is always using weird and non-standard grammer

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post

No, it's correct; it's just a bit weird to pronounce. Rush as a single program or person would be "Rush's configuration file" whereas Rush as the band would write it as "Rushs' configuration file". A singular entity has it before the s, and group entity has it after the s.

To add some fun confusion, there is an exception to the before and after rule if we're talking about a guy named Jimmy Schmidts where it would be "Jimmy Schmidts' configuration file". If a word ends in s but isn't referring to more than one thing, like the last name Schmidts, then the apostrophe goes after the s. A reader then has to use context clues to figure out if it refers to the entire family or just to Jimmy.

For even more confusing fun, using possessive forms properly is opposite when it comes to how it's and its works due to how contractions and possessions use the same symbol. Rush's file means "Rush (I) possesses this file", Rushs' file means "Rush (they) possess this file", it's means "it is", & its means "it possesses".

Comment

Working...
                    X