A Complete Look At Spectre V1/V2/V4 & Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    I'm ok with it as long as it has affordable pricing. Someone has to pay for the research and/or the peer review.
    The income this generates will remain largely with the publishers for their editorial work. The researchers have a paid job already. The peer reviewers are typically volunteers.

There is a movement to require open access for all publicly funded research underway in various regions.

Comment

Originally posted by kripteks View Post

I have already 20180425 microcode, my cpu Coffee Lake gen 8
      dmesg: microcode updated early to revision 0x84, date = 2018-01-21
      using kernel 4.18-rc1

What i can ?
      Flash motherboard is necessary ?
      Jep, either your vendor puts out a BIOS-update or you have to wait for intel to push the new microcode to the linux firmware repo. Don't understand why it takes them so long.

Comment

Originally posted by gavinguo View Post
        This is the slide pdf for people to download:
        http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~gavinguo/s...-gavin-guo.pdf
        Thanks for the new links Gavin!

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          I'm ok with it as long as it has affordable pricing. Someone has to pay for the research and/or the peer review.

For example you can find all sorts of insane bs on arxiv (not peer reviewed), and I'd rather not have to spend my time checking for bs when I'm looking for scientific info.
          I can find all sorts of insane bs in pretty much any "science" article published in the paper or non-specialty magazine, written and edited by nonscientists who think "giving equal air to two sides of a discussion" means "lets give the dowsing-rod crank equal time with the respected, peer-reviewed scientist". I'd like to be able to actually look up the study and check for p-hacking and misrepresentations without shelling out a hundred bucks or whatever a year to look up like four or five studies.

Comment

Working...
          X