Adobe Releases 64-bit Flash For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash 64bit? on linux?
    hey,adobe should warn users at least 1 week before if they don't want me to have an heart attack..

now I'm dreaming of AMD/ATI giving me an heart attack...

Comment

Is anyone reading me?

More sources about Flash 10 for ARM...

Adobe Systems and ARM have announced a technology collaboration to optimize and enable Adobe Flash Player 10 and Adobe AIR for ARM powered devices, ranging from mobile phones to set-top boxes (STBs), mobile Internet devices (MIDs), televisions, automotive platforms, personal media players and other mobile computing devices.

Arm Newsroom contains the latest press releases, partner and Arm-related news and social media from the industry leader in microprocessor Intellectual Property.

Please put it as news, this is important for the embedded world and Linux is one of them...
      Last edited by timofonic; 18 November 2008, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalheadGautham View Post
        I think adobe thought that most of us linux users still use Pentium III and below.
        Anyway, the next step is to optimise adobe flash 32bit plugin for i686 instead of i386.
        or at least offer that build on the Adobe dev site as a special d/l

Comment

Phoronix forums

I am using the latest ATI driver, 8.4, and performed the manual install by creating .deb packages and installed that way. One thing i had to do was do a insmod fglrk.ko from the /lib/modules/$(-uname -r)/dkmp/misc (think that was the dir, where ever the file lives though) and then start up the program in order for the display to work properly.
          However, once it's working instead of alpha blending it just continuously flashes. So imaging your task bar in gnome/kde flashing on and off really fast.
          I am currently at work so i can't post my xorg.conf. however i can tell you that i have agilx=on, DRI loaded and direct rendering is working, i also have composite, render and damage = true. in the driver section,

Comment

Energy Recruitm, you have choosen the wrong forum thread...

Comment

Ok, I installed, and decided to test on more than youtube.
              So I went on to www.callofduty.com and tried there. No go!

Need a lot of work still, but it's great to see that it's being done.

Comment

Funny, the Gmail crash has vanished, at least for now. Perhaps, all it needed was a reboot to clear the memory from all nspluginwrapper and/or 32bit flash remains...

Comment

Originally posted by deltatux View Post
                  'profanity'
                  Don't use the Lord's name in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by sidnelson13 View Post
                    Ok, I installed, and decided to test on more than youtube.
                    So I went on to www.callofduty.com and tried there. No go!

Need a lot of work still, but it's great to see that it's being done.
                    That site works here.

Comment

Indeed... It's been working for me just fine... I've had some issues of the plugin crashing when trying to modify the options from the right-click config dialog, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X