• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
    I'll just leave this right here:

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/users/statistics
    Here is more:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
      maybe canonical and ubuntu community make gnome shell a good thing, something RH and gnome devs can't do in almost 8 years, something usable without need to install dozens of extensions
      Looking at the screenshot Michael posted they have failed miserably, to be fair you can't polish a turd!

Comment

Originally posted by crash View Post
        I'm still using Mate and i think i will do it for a long time, beacuse i'm used to the gnome2/mate workflow, why change something that works but nice to see ubuntu's implenation of gnome3 anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
          I was not referring to the wrongdoings 7 years ago. I was referring to the rightdoing this year.

But yeah, you are right! There was a lot of misjudgment fueled by Canonical, the forkers and haters. Time will always lecture even the most stubborn refuseniks.

Today it is a well established FACT that GNOME is the standard desktop. not even 5 feet of groomed neckbeard and 100 trump tweets can provide a reality distortion field strong enough to keep this in the dark.
          The only reason GNOME is used so much is it's been forced down everyone's throats, not to mention many distributions aka Red Hat pay core GNOME developers thus the force down throat is really no choice.

Comment

Lessons learned, just stay out of big deployments of QT-based software.
            Ah, yes, Ubuntu failed with their own stuff because of Qt! Right! It wasn't all of their boneheaded decisions (like Mir)! No, it was solely and exclusively because of Qt!

(in case it isn't blindly obvious, I'm being sarcastic, I'm making fun of yet another of GhostOfFunkS's ridiculous shticks ...)

Comment

That thing rocks. Haha, get it? ROCKS. Hehe... Alright, I'm off.

Comment

This was clear to Canonical in the early Wayland days thus they came up with a display server.

[...]

Canonical was smart enough to know it
                I'm getting dizzy from all the spin in your post. Nice shilling though, on a higher level that most of your posts, so props for that. Just one problem though... if Canonical is so smart, why did they fail? Oh, right, Qt

Comment

I have mixed feelings with gnome shell. I use it, but customized with some extensions (ActivityAppLauncher, to have application categories like in classic gnome, DashtoDock and KStatusNotifier, to have app icons in the top bar -like topicons, but also work on wayland-). The problem is that every time gnome shell is updated, there is the risk of an API break, and that extensions stop working until the creator updates it.

I hope they create soon an stable API for extensions...

Comment

Gnome still uses about twice as much memory as KDE. It doesn't even have half of the KDE features, so where's the problem? Lack of coding skill or/thus gtk? Furthermore, Files (Gnome file manager) takes few times longer to delete a Linux kernel directory in comparison to Dolphin. It seems there's no reason to use Gnome instead of KDE. Maybe proper Wayland support will change my mind, but Gnome also has to fix huge memory leaks in Mutter or Gnome-shell. From good things it's systemD integration and upgrade system in Fedora.

Comment

Its truly beyond my understanding why distro managers default to GNOME when KDE has better compositing (KWIN >>>>>>> MUTTER), look and feel, speed, customizablity (without need of extensions) compared to SHIT CALLED GNOME. even stability is almost there, i believe in few releases KDE will be MORE STABLE THAN GNOME.

Comment

Working...
                      X