Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't live in Russia.

Comment

The Debian developer's developing dilemma is due to his encouraging people to protest against Putins gangster regime. A lot of people are being arrested. Let hope things get better there soon.

Comment

Well, the USA killed the founder of Debian....
        Putin is just an amateur in comparison

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
          we all know that there's no such thing as "spontaneous protests", and that there's always an interest behind it, and those who pay for it (as an investment). Similar to what happened with "women's march" in US and in some EU countries, those "protests" in Russia were also well organized and paid by people with interest in it.
          Tell me, what is it like to be *that* stupid? Do you have trouble remembering to breath? Can you count past 10 without taking off your shoes?

Comment

Well, he is still ina ge range of "easilly manipulated people", so when young people are involved in politics, it usually ends up bad. Though his mother claims he have nothing to do with it (very possible situation when running Tor exit node), but we all know that there's no such thing as "spontaneous protests", and that there's always an interest behind it, and those who pay for it (as an investment). Similar to what happened with "women's march" in US and in some EU countries, those "protests" in Russia were also well organized and paid by people with interest in it.

So, I personally don't think he was involved in it, since he is relatively smart person (lecurer of math...), it's probably someone else on his nodes, but yeah..., even most brilliant people on this planet can be manipulated, so it's not impossibility for ourdinary people, teachers etc.

paranoid much?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
              Heh, just another day I was reading that some prominent people who politically opposed Putin in the past ended dead in various ways. Maybe this guy got lucky if he "only" ended in jail...
              Ronshere

What you did read is mostly nonsense. There's really very little reasons for Putin or anyone to silence opposition, since oposition in Russia is almost non-existant, reason? Everyone remmebers years of Boris Yeltsin, and most of the "opposition" comes from the same "side", and would do exactly what Yeltsin did (gave most of the Russian resources to international predators, destroyed industry, educational system, health care system etc.).

From objective perspective, you have to wonder how "Drunk Yeltsin" was not part of "gangster regime" when average Russian lived in extreme poverty, when whole society colapsed, where people died on streets from drink and cold every single day, and you couldn't read anything but praise about him in the press. Yet "Dictator Putin" who got complete reverse on all things mentioned above is part of "gangster regime".

Personally, that "opposition" (non existant, all togheter they can't bring over 15% support) wants same thing as it is in Ukraine now (unfortunatelly), where you have openly fascistic regime that forbids languages by law, kill it's own people, cut them basic needs (electricity, watter etc.) and send army to opress them, and poorest country in Europe, but hey, they are "democratic regime" that accidently came to power trough the street, not elections, but they are legitimate...

I'm not even going to go deep into that topic, and how some people who organized those things in Ukraine are still alive and well, you may consider them "opposition", but I know better, since I do not live in Ukraine, i wouldn't be considered "opposition" to any Ukranian government., yet some people from my place are somehow considered,a s long as they are on pay list of "organization that shall not be named", the very same organization that started "opposition protests" in Russia at the beggining of this month. So yeah, those people are stilla live and well, but I don't think that benefits anyone from ordaniary people...

Sorry, I had to respond to this. Bottom line is, this guy is only 26 years old, if guilty, he will see trough manipulation and get smarter, if not, he will be free.

Comment

Originally posted by KellyClowers View Post

Tell me, what is it like to be *that* stupid? Do you have trouble remembering to breath? Can you count past 10 without taking off your shoes?
                I don't know, yes.

GI_Jack

Facts, not paranoia.

Comment

even most brilliant people on this planet can be manipulated, so it's not impossibility for ourdinary people, teachers etc.
                  like you accusing citizens of fascist state of fake protests
                  double funny is that this state's foreign policy is sponsoring radical movements around the world

Comment

I don't know, yes.

GI_Jack

Facts, not paranoia.

Its not quite a "fact" that citizens are entirely incapable of acting on their own without some state intervention. That is paranoia. individuals do have agency and are capable of acting on their own. This is often overlooked by big picture thinkers, especially those who have a lot at stake keeping whatever regime, system of power as is.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                      It's no secret that evil groups like ISIS are ramping up their cyber efforts. Whether or not this Debian dev is really a criminal, it's hard to say at this point.
                      though it is easy to say that state which arrested him is ramping their cyber efforts, is criminal and is sponsoring evil groups like isis

Comment

Working...
                      X