Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Mint Debian Edition Updated (LMDE 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

That's not right.

This is a release of new ISO images, prepared so that if you install now you won't have to download a plethora of updates. If you spent two seconds to find the notes [1], you would read: "No upgrade is needed. If you are running LMDE 2, you already have access to all the updates included in this re-release."

[1] http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3232
    My view is still same, i dont believe in any stuff with 2 years update cycle.. even it is installation ISO.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      AFAIK, LMDE 2 is based on Debian Jessie so fixed stable release... they only roll DE and mint tools versions basically on average.
      Also other applications like browsers and libreoffice get regular updates from Mint. It's basically Stable + modern applications that matter.
      Or that was the goal anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
        My view is still same, i dont believe in any stuff with 2 years update cycle.. even it is installation ISO.
        It's not a stable update cycle, the ISOs are refreshed whenever there is good reason to. Considering that it is based on Debian Stable, there isn't a good reason to.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
          Or do you mean that it's impossible in this case for it to do just one thing, while doing it well?
          Second one. Say, if you develop "nginx", you can rely on some syslog services to log access errors. What if syslog service is running on its own, and you don't know if syslog is reliably running? And if it compatible to your another startup service?

Comment

Originally posted by dbpalan View Post

Second one. Say, if you develop "nginx", you can rely on some syslog services to log access errors. What if syslog service is running on its own, and you don't know if syslog is reliably running? And if it compatible to your another startup service?
            I understand you point.
            But the question is: does the possibility of others' mistakes justify taking over a whole ecosystem?

Comment

Working...
            X