Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS Struck By A Last-Minute Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

first time? they do the same for ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04.
    And don't forget 6.06 LTS. There's a reason it became .06 instead of .04

Comment

Originally posted by Morbis55 View Post
      I kinda seem to be running on 16.04.2LTS now, I also have Mesa 12.0.6 but am still on Kernel 4.4

So you will go from 16.04.1 -> 16.04.2 no matter what and also Mesa is getting updatet
      but I still have to upgrade to the Rolling LTS Stack manually?
      I kinda thought that you will get neither without manually doing anything.
      Thus that you will stay on ~.01LTS and only after doing something, you will jump to the HWE
      base-files got an update that changed the version string to 16.04.2, this is normal and it'll show like that on every system even if you're not on the HWE stack. Mesa is updated independently and unrenamed now, I've been trying to explain this many times. To install the HWE stack you (still) need to enable proposed and run 'apt update; apt --install-recommends install xserver-xorg-hwe-16.04'.

Note that there's nothing too interesting in the X stack this time apart from some minor driver updates, because xserver 1.18.4 is already in xenial via SRU. But the same stack will auto-update to the next set of backports once 16.04.3 is done, and this will continue until 16.04.5 which will have the stack from 18.04 LTS.

Comment

Working...
      X