Systemd-Free Debian Fork Devuan Releases Its Second Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
    Troll more kids, this system is for men.
    Real man are not afraid of systemd

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I don't think many of the 90's had 2560x1440 monitors
      Believe it or not but you could have1600x1200 on every simple 15" in 90's! Then LCD monitors came and... ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post

The only thing that link gave me was an almost fullscreen ad to play delta wars... There is about 0.01s that I see a picture. And of course clicking on the "close this ad" button opens a complete new window with more spam.
        abload.de is going in my blocklist.
        Well, as Michael quoted: Devuan needs developpers and money. You've been fooled

Comment

Well I just see no commercials because of uBlock so I'm sorry for the banners.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post

The only thing that link gave me was an almost fullscreen ad to play delta wars... There is about 0.01s that I see a picture. And of course clicking on the "close this ad" button opens a complete new window with more spam.
            abload.de is going in my blocklist.
            There you go https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...dl-mostpopular

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Believe it or not but you could have1600x1200 on every simple 15" in 90's! Then LCD monitors came and... ouch
              No, because only very expensive high end monitors had the necessary dot pitch for that. Yes, you can scan the CRT that quickly but there wasn't an individual phosphor dot at every location the beam hit. On most CRTs this resulted in an unreadable, tiny, muddy mess.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I don't think many of the 90's had 2560x1440 monitors
                True is should have been 1920x1440.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

No, because only very expensive high end monitors had the necessary dot pitch for that. Yes, you can scan the CRT that quickly but there wasn't an individual phosphor dot at every location the beam hit. On most CRTs this resulted in an unreadable, tiny, muddy mess.
                  The refresh frequency has a bigger problem. You had to check its scan speed and then divide by the vertical resolution. If the result was below 60Hz it would be unusable, and below 75Hz just plain bad..

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

I had 2 cheap monitors and it was OK. The programs and menus were readable but I agree it was far to be as sharp as a high end monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                      So years after the "everyone hates systemd" era ended, this is still in beta. Debian being up-to-date, as usual...
                      I don't think that they might ever escape that, what with upstream projects (the ones with inti system integration anyway) making the switch or having done so already. They are forcse to rewrite a lot from scratch at this point if they want to avoid systemd in it's entirety, which would be a colossal effort with the linux community behind it, monumental with only one distro doing the work.

Comment

Working...
                      X