Fedora 25 Officially Released & I Highly Recommend It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
    And these my friends are some reasons Master5000 deserves to be called troll fail. Trolls like an amateur. Master5000 is a complete failure when it comes to trolling. Trolling needs a strong argument behind. Like "Microsoft sucks in UI design".
    fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      it is not an option, torrent file is a list of checksums, so any torrent download checks integrity
      Sometimes it is still required to launch a full verification.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        and also if this check finds corrupted parts, the torrent program downloads again only corrupted part, not the whole file.

Really, it is convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
          Yes, in the standard GNOME 3 design, there really isn't a 'desktop'. It's just not made to work that way. When running under X it's possible to enable some basic desktop interaction - this was added into a release somewhere in the middle of the GNOME 3 series in response to requests - but this is not possible under Wayland because of technical details of the way it's implemented not being compatible with Wayland. It's just kinda not how you're meant to interact with GNOME 3. The primary way to interact with GNOME 3 is intended to be the Overview (the thing you get when you hit the Start key or click Activities).
          Among all the horrible design decisions that developers took with GNOME 3, this is the worst. "Activities" is the analogous of the Windows 8 full screen start menu and the VIM editing modes combined. At best it is super annoying. At worst it completely destroys your workflow. At least Microsoft turned to be less stubborn than GNOME people. Once they realized the experiment went wrong, they swallowed their pride and reverted the mistake.

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
          The minimize button is, again, a GNOME 3 thing; in stock GNOME 3 there is no minimize button on standard windows. The cited reason for this is that minimization is really not fundamentally necessary to efficient use: you can switch between windows via the overview or alt-tab. There is a commonly-used extension which adds minimize buttons, if you still want them. It sounds in general like you're one of the folks who'd be happier with several widely-used GNOME extensions enabled; if you Google around a bit, there are quite a lot of blogs etc. where people discuss their preferred extensions. You can browse and install extensions at https://extensions.gnome.org/.

The buttons in the 'power menu' use icons that I thought are pretty universal...the one in question shows the 'power' icon by default - when clicked, it will display a 'Cancel / Restart / Poweroff' dialog and power off if you do nothing for 60 seconds - and if you hold down Alt, it turns into (yes) a 'Pause' icon, which means 'suspend' (not power off). This again is standard GNOME 3 stuff.
          And this is another example of why I left GNOME and I don't see myself ever going back. The people behind GNOME (and coincidentally other projects that are supported by Red Hat like systemd, flatpak, etc.) saw themselves as an authority that can dictate the needs of the users and used their position, as the upstream, to enforce their sick ideas. I won't support this kind of attitude.

PS. At least I see that now the shutdown button is the default option instead of suspend. This is amazing progress! Maybe in the next decade we can have a task bar back in the desktop by default as well.

Comment

Why GNOME Shell work on XWayland? To check it open a terminal and type xlsclients

Comment

if you corrupted file after download

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                default without working games and nvidia drivers, ok, I want play a game and need to switch session? or I'm wrong? if i'm not it's the most stupid i ever see
                the wrong and most stupid is sponsoring most linux hostile vendor

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
                  When I was studying I had to share 64 kbps between 3 people.
                  well, i could remember times without internet

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    I expected the integration with Virtualbox to be ok after all these years and Virtualbox being open source
                    virtual box is not open source. it requires proprietary addon for basic functionality
                    i will ignore rest of your whine

Comment

Really, it is convenient.
                      not so much for one-off task of installing distro. most convenient here is dnf system-upgrade, followed by fedora media writer

Comment

Working...
                      X