Fedora 25 Officially Released & I Highly Recommend It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    virtual box is not open source. it requires proprietary addon for basic functionality
    i will ignore rest of your whine
    pal666 goes wild!
    10 ultra-dumb and useless posts in a row.

Thanks for this moment pal but you are far too high, you need to sleep now.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post

And these my friends are some reasons Linux deserves it's 1% market share. Build by amateurs. Open source is a complete failure when it comes to desktop. Desktop needs a strong company behind. Like Microsoft.
      You did a much better troll last time :

Originally posted by Master5000
      America Russia and China the Trinity like God created! The liberals shall fear us! God is a Republicaaaaaan.... Open source has lost Trump hates open source!!!! Hallleeeelujaaaaaahhh! OsX and Windows are the only legal OSes everybody else will be shooooot!
      But I agree you cannot be at the top everytime!

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
        pal666 goes wild!
        are you off your meds? https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBox_PUEL

Comment

couldn't install on my free 20gb space nor use my ubuntu swap. The installer is a joke. Also on opensuse my keyboard is broken on every reboot. Never mind I'm happy with Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            As I do not activate USB 2-3 I use Virtual Box as a full OSS.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

As I do not activate USB 2-3 I use Virtual Box as a full OSS.
              Maybe I have been fast in my answer : Virtual Box IS FULL OSS under GPL licence, like your link shows.

The expansion pack is the only software that is not GPLed but you are free to use it or not.
              I do not use it because I do not need USB>1.

So my meds make me right, ty.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
                And this is another example of why I left GNOME and I don't see myself ever going back. The people behind GNOME (and coincidentally other projects that are supported by Red Hat like systemd, flatpak, etc.) saw themselves as an authority that can dictate the needs of the users and used their position, as the upstream, to enforce their sick ideas. I won't support this kind of attitude.
                This kind of language is just going way too far and is absolutely not appropriate.

You have an absolute right to try out GNOME and decide you don't like the design. That's totally fine. You can also explain why you don't like it. That's also totally fine. But talking about "dictate the needs of the users" and "their sick ideas" and "this kind of attitude" is just silly and wrong.

The GNOME devs are working, a lot of them on their own time, to build a desktop. Because they're doing the work, how that desktop works is *their* choice. It's entirely reasonable and legitimate to say "I disagree with their idea of how a desktop should work". What's not reasonable or legitimate is to go on from there to say "...and therefore they are terrible people who are trying to force me to do something I don't want to do", because they're not. No-one at GNOME has ever said "you must use our desktop". They say "We think this is the right way to build a desktop, and we're giving it to you to use if you agree". If you don't agree with their design, that is totally fine: just don't use their product. I don't like how KDE is designed, and I'll tell you why at extremely boring length if you want me to, but I've never claimed that the KDE developers have 'sick ideas' or are trying to 'dictate my needs' and I'd be absolutely out of line if I did so. There's no need, call or justification for such language, so please stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post

This kind of language is just going way too far and is absolutely not appropriate.

You have an absolute right to try out GNOME and decide you don't like the design. That's totally fine. You can also explain why you don't like it. That's also totally fine. But talking about "dictate the needs of the users" and "their sick ideas" and "this kind of attitude" is just silly and wrong.

The GNOME devs are working, a lot of them on their own time, to build a desktop. Because they're doing the work, how that desktop works is *their* choice. It's entirely reasonable and legitimate to say "I disagree with their idea of how a desktop should work". What's not reasonable or legitimate is to go on from there to say "...and therefore they are terrible people who are trying to force me to do something I don't want to do", because they're not. No-one at GNOME has ever said "you must use our desktop". They say "We think this is the right way to build a desktop, and we're giving it to you to use if you agree". If you don't agree with their design, that is totally fine: just don't use their product. I don't like how KDE is designed, and I'll tell you why at extremely boring length if you want me to, but I've never claimed that the KDE developers have 'sick ideas' or are trying to 'dictate my needs' and I'd be absolutely out of line if I did so. There's no need, call or justification for such language, so please stop it.
                  It's sick how some people seem to be expecting that developers are doing it for them alone and that they have right to demand things... I love GNOME and Fedora.. Keep up the good work (hopefully I will be able to join one day)

zoomblab: drop that attitude - this ain't MS and you are not paying those devs for the software.. no one is forcing you to use it..

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post

• They are dictating our needs when they remove functionalities that we all have been using 30 years now like the buttons for minimize and the shudown, like the desktop taskbar, etc. and when they get buged about this stuff they yell back "No no no you don't need all that stuff. You think you need them, but we say you don't. Because we know better than you and the rest of the world.".
                    • Their idea of how a desktop should function is sick. Like I said, this has been proven by the similar failed experiment with Windows 8. Maybe instead of being offended they should open their ears and eyes to the world around them.
                    • Their attitude has been and still is unacceptable because they did not take the responsibility for the fact that they were the default desktop environment of most Linux distributions. Again the proof to my words is the fact that, since the departure from Gnome 2, a countless number of forks have been created (Unity, Cinnamon, Mate, Elementary, Solus, etc.). All these forks are using the basic gnome technologies but they offer alternative desktop experiences. This has happened not only because the default desktop experience has degraded but also because of the Gnome developers attitude with respect to external contributions and criticisms.

Comment

They are dictating our needs when they remove functionalities that we all have been using 30 years now like the buttons for minimize and the shudown, like the desktop taskbar, etc. and when they get buged about this stuff they yell back "No no no you don't need all that stuff. You think you need them, but we say you don't. Because we know better than you and the rest of the world.".
                      Using something for 30 years doesn't mean it's the best option. Only narrow-minded people use this logic. If it was, let's just continue to use Flash, X11, HAL, MSDOS or whatever you like. If you absolutely need a minimise button, how in the world could people use a Mac back in the day?
                      Their idea of how a desktop should function is sick. Like I said, this has been proven by the similar failed experiment with Windows 8. Maybe instead of being offended they should open their ears and eyes to the world around them.
                      I don't see the link between Windows 8' Metro UI and GNOME's Activity. No, really. It looks and feels more like Apple's Exposé than anything else. And as far as I know you're the one being offended, not them. If you don't know how to use it efficiently, that's a thing, but you act more like the "ultimate user" that knows better than anyone how to use a desktop. I know of several people that don't know how to use the minimize button efficiently and that have been using ONLY Windows for their entire life. Do we have to consider it as a "sick" desktop paradigm?
                      Their attitude has been and still is unacceptable because they did not take the responsibility for the fact that they were the default desktop environment of most Linux distributions. Again the proof to my words is the fact that, since the departure from Gnome 2, a countless number of forks have been created (Unity, Cinnamon, Mate, Elementary, Solus, etc.). All these forks are using the basic gnome technologies but they offer alternative desktop experiences. This has happened not only because the default desktop experience has degraded but also because of the Gnome developers attitude with respect to external contributions and criticisms.
                      The only proof I see here is that free software licensing has shown its purpose once more. All those forks are useful and keep the Linux community alive. And why don't you talk about KDE 3's forks? Are they proof that KDE 4's gone the wrong way too? GNOME can't take this responsibility because if they did they would just have created yet another desktop environment, and abandoned GNOME 2, which is the same thing in fact. You said it yourself, there are many alternatives, most of them are implemented in their own spin, so stop messing around saying nonsense and use one of those.

Oh and did you know about GNOME Classic Session? Hell, they even thought about you, in their great "sickness"...

Comment

Working...
                      X