X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xaero_Vincent
    replied
    Originally posted by Nemerian View Post

Well, there's a leak that shows Microsoft is likely to be open-sourcing PowerShell, so it should be ported.
    There is also an open-source Linux/Mac PowerShell implementation using Mono called Pash. It's not nearly as developed (currently only a subset of cmdlets are supported) but there were GIT commits last month, so it's somewhat active and you can write basic Pash-specific PowerShell scripts with it.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by FuturePilot View Post
    Any explanation for the better performance with stream and x264 on WSL?
    My guess is that these two applications are programmed/optimized against how the memory model in the Windows kernel works which makes them behave worse with the model used in the Linux kernel.

Leave a comment:

• Nemerian
    replied
    Originally posted by rubdos View Post

That's actually really funny. Windows games run better on Linux (Wine) than Linux games on Windows (Ubulayer)
    Well, Wine has virtual versions of pretty much every Windows component.
    WSL has just a transplanted userland and is still in it's infancy. No display server or other such parts that allow complex visual apps to run.

Leave a comment:

• Nemerian
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    PowerShell on Linux!
    Well, there's a leak that shows Microsoft is likely to be open-sourcing PowerShell, so it should be ported.

Leave a comment:

• Nemerian
    replied
    Oops
    Originally posted by Tritlo View Post
    Could you explain how you upgraded the subsystem from 14.04.05 to 16.04? I'm having some problems with the official explanation.
    There's a hacked-up way to update it.
    There's an omgubuntu! article that details how to do it.

Leave a comment:

• rubdos
    replied
    Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post

I tried with steam, but it doesnt work. And opengl implementation on WSL is 1.1
    That's actually really funny. Windows games run better on Linux (Wine) than Linux games on Windows (Ubulayer)

Leave a comment:

• Nemerian
    replied
    [QUOTE=Tritlo;n890152]Could you explain how you upgraded the subsystem from 14.04.05 to 16.04? I'm having some problems with the official explanation.
    /QUOTE]
    There's a hacked-up way to update it.
    There's an omgubuntu! article that details how to do it.

Leave a comment:

• edoantonioco
    replied
    Originally posted by mike4 View Post
    How about running steam Linux games on Win10?
    I tried with steam, but it doesnt work. And opengl implementation on WSL is 1.1

Leave a comment:

• rubdos
    replied
    Originally posted by Dick Palmer View Post

Quite right.

Dropped apostrophe?
    Yes, I dropped o'ne, thanks for bringing it back.

Leave a comment:

• FuturePilot
    replied
    Originally posted by randomizer View Post
    Does the shell still run on top of the clunky Windows command prompt with its lack of keyboard shortcuts and transient command history?
    Unfortunately

Leave a comment:

Working...
X