X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
    Tell IKEA!
    Ahh, shut up.
    My chairs are called AWUGGHNUGZ or something like that, probably there is also an umlaut or two somewhere.
    In nordik-speech it might be an awesome and evocative word talking of forests and fairies and beauty, but in most other human languages it isn't.
    Some example ikea product names here http://flavorwire.com/225706/the-mos...what-they-mean

Comment

rpm vs deb; flatpack vs snap
      holy crap not again. we only need one everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
        rpm vs deb; flatpack vs snap
        holy crap not again. we only need one everywhere.
        This was tried. The only package format explicitly recommended in Linux Standard Base is RPM. Guess whether anyone cared

Comment

Since nobody has responded to this, I will. A while ago, a question was asked on one of the Ubuntu mailinglists about personal repos using Snaps. Mark Shuttleworth responded that it is not yet possible, but that they are aware that this is something they must do for their customers, so it is going to happen. I got the impression that the main focus of that is to implement it as a similar service to PPAs on Launchpad.net. To my knowledge, there is no confirmation that this will be released as Free Software. I certainly hope it will be, but I guess there's no hurry. I don't really see any point for them to keep this proprietary anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
            Upstart worked on other distributions.
            on one other distribution? that is not across
            Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
            Snaps are not dependent on Mir, they work with X.org therefore
            they are unusable for their indended purpose
            Last edited by pal666; 11 June 2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X