Fedora 23/24 vs. Debian vs. Ubuntu 16.04 vs. CentOS 7 vs. Clear Linux Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Debian testing is lighter os than ubuntu, lighter means debian takes less cpu time when it runs. So everything works faster in Debian testing. Get yours from here:
    cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/stretch_di_alpha5/amd64/iso-cd/debian-stretch-DI-alpha5-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso
    Originally posted by computerquip View Post
    What a fundamentally flawed logic, especially given that Debian Testing is slower in some tests here.
    As a software developer, I get the logic he was trying to use. By writing less code, I have less chance of introducing bugs, less attack vectors, and my program will probably run faster. But "everything works better in Debian testing" because "it is a lighter os" is simply wrong. Unfortunately it doesn't really work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Phoronix forums are the funniest what I have seen ever. The motherboard of PIII desktop machine went in garbage box 5 years ago, I did assemble it without a case and while testing I did bind the agp card and the agp connector did broke. Last year I did sold the old tabpletpc with 45 euros, I got it free from a work years ago. Now I have a A8-7600 pc with 8GB 2133Mhz ddr3 ram and 240GB ssd, I have played TR 2013 many times, so this pc is very fine and silent. This is my second one A8-7600 pc, I did sell my similar build after 11 months of use, because it had 128GB ssd and I wanted larger. Selling it was easy and I made some good cash for the new build.

a amd A8.7600? man buy a intel cpu i5 or i7, you use xfce with a ultra hd screen? it's faster

Comment

Working...
      X