Three New Tweaks I Like In Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@article
    One could customize the launcher size before 14.04.
    In Summer 2013 I was using Ubuntu and the option was there.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      @article
      I, too, have been able to change launcher icon size for many years now.

Comment

We might still get Kernel 3.14 if it gets released before April 3, even if there is one more RC release.

Comment

Originally posted by tuuker View Post
          We might still get Kernel 3.14 if it gets released before April 3, even if there is one more RC release.
          Is there any specific reason why? Sure I'd love it, but there wouldn't be any time left to fix bugs/regressions.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
            Is there any specific reason why? Sure I'd love it, but there wouldn't be any time left to fix bugs/regressions.
            they will be fixed along road to final, April 3 is kernel freeze.

Comment

unless 3.14 would seriusly break something ubuntu uses like on phone or something, i dont see why they shouldnt.
              they can merge 3.14 before kernel freeze and then fix the bugs, bugs dont haver a freeze date i belive.

Comment

with kernel 3.13 I have bad sound compared to windows, I hope 3.14 will solve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siekacz View Post
                  So just change your habits? Just a week of getting used to... Consistency over personalization.
                  It's still a bad idea to remove settings that don't bloat the code or slow down the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                    @article
                    Yes Michael is wrong about that but this option now allow you to change the size to as low as 16px. Before system settings allowed only going to 32px and if you wanted to make launcher smaller you had to install and use CompizConfig Settings Manager (CCSM).

They also changed it to only allow even numbers because odd sizes looked blurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
                      It's still a bad idea to remove settings that don't bloat the code or slow down the whole thing.
                      The thing is that they replaced old gtk-window-decorator with new unity-decorations. Marco Trevisan the developer that implemented this new decorations didn't implement any way of changing position of window controls.

Hey Ubuntu folks¹! This is the Unity desktop team and during the last months we focused, as always, in polishing and improving the user experience of our default window manager for the next upcomin…

This new decorations bringed LIM, anti aliased corners, normal resize that doesn't suck and Gtk3 CSS theming for decorations and panel.

Comment

Working...
                      X