Systemd Is The Future Of Debian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Annabel View Post
    What? please re-read what you said. I would like to ask you to think before posting BS

Yes and in my opinion you are the ``moron''. When you dissagree with the opinions of someone you call him/her ``moron''? how mature

again with that shit...
    Opinions can be stupid, facts not so much. So yes, you're a moron for thinking everything needs the Annabel stamp of approval.

Things Annabel approves of:

- People signing away their rights
    - Not understanding arguments
    - Continuing to use the same debunked arguments

Comment

• Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
      you're a moron for thinking everything needs the Annabel stamp of approval.
      Why you think that I believe that?

Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
      Things Annabel approves of:
      - People signing away their rights
      Please prove it. I do not think that people should sign away their rights, my aregument was that GPL+CLA is not worse than bsd-style licenses

- Not understanding arguments
      - Continuing to use the same debunked arguments
      you are lame

Comment

my aregument was that GPL+CLA is not worse than bsd-style licenses
        ... which is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
          ... which is wrong.
          opinions, opinions...

This is about personal beliefs, not about facts

Comment

Please prove it. I do not think that people should sign away their rights, my aregument was that GPL+CLA is not worse than bsd-style licenses
            Even if you were correct you'd be missing the point, people don't trust Canonical in the first place, the CLA then further complicates the issue. Also, dismissing peoples arguments because they happen to be Red Hat employees is disingenuous, if you want to discuss anything discuss the arguments they make instead of casting aspersions and making yet another shitpost.
            Last edited by psychoticmeow; 12 February 2014, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
              Even if you were correct you'd be missing the point, people don't trust Canonical in the first place, the CLA then further complicates the issue.
              This is a vaild point

Also, dismissing peoples arguments because they happen to be Red Hat employees is disingenuous, if you want to discuss anything discuss the arguments they make instead of casting aspersions
              Please link me where I dismissed peoples arguments because they happen to be Red Hat employees

and making yet another shitpost
              Calling my posts as "shitposts" just because you dissagree with me is a little rude, don't you think?

Comment

What? please re-read what you said. I would like to ask you to think before posting BS
                You said "the less proprietary software, the better."
                I said it does not make sense to wish for strictly less proprietary software, mainly because they do not prevent other types of software from existing. In other word, more proprietary brings more, and remove nothing.
                Secondly, the "more" that proprietary software brings, even if it is not "freedom" (in the Stallman sense), is at least economic output. Which is the reason both the whole internet infrastructure and your PC are this developed and thus this cheap (which I referred to in my post as "the world you live in, or at least your computer"). If you believe you could have had them without the existence of proprietary software, you are severely deluded (and need some basic courses about economy).

Comment

• Ah, you're right, it must have been someone else. For reference, this was the post with the links from Red Hat employees:

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                  http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/29160.html
                  Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

That's for starters. Basically, the problem with Canonical's CLA is the asymmetry - Canonical has more rights than everyone else does. Other projects that are also under CLA do not have such asymmetry. Either because they're under a permissive license (Apache), and as such everyone can make proprietary derivatives regardless of CLA. Or in the case of the FSF, they assure you the CLA'd project will forever remain under a copyleft license, so again everyone is on equal footing.

Comment

• Interesting, now Jackson is starting a new round of T/L/whatever discussions:

Though now we have a diversity of opinions. Jackson is pushing for the original L. Nussbaum says it's too vague. Packard proposed saying noting at all (option NOOP?). Allbery agreed to Packard but also proposed his last draft.
                    Langasek may also propose his own last draft, and then suddenly we have many options with no clear idea of what could win, as it would almost be that everyone votes for their own draft...

Jackson is also giving only time until Friday, on the grounds that the TC should have had enough time to discuss this already (completely ignoring the fact that the TC was idling waiting for him to return), and also (and most likely the real reason for such haste) out of rampant fear of "facts on the ground".

Comment

• Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
                      you do realize that that everything in that video runs on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi which costs $25, don't you? i can't get half as smooth performance on my i7+NVidia with best compositors on XOrg. now, go figure. $25 machine has smoother experience than $1000+

its architectural flaws? listen to developer from XOrg if you don't believe to other ppl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6PFjoYuml0 it is broken to insanity
                      Your machine and your window manager is crap. I can getter similar or better performance with a 8 year old integrated graphics gpu and Kwin.

Comment

Working...
                      X