No announcement yet.

Fedora 20 Beta Is Finally Out & With Great Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they've yet to add a 2nd option to GDM? Is it still on the cards?

Comment

Wake me up when Fedora switches from Gnome to something usable.

/Zzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
        Wake me up when Fedora switches from Gnome to something usable.

/Zzzzz
        Like KDE? Did you notice that there are KDE spins? Sleep tight!

Also, did you try modern Gnomes, they are not like 3.0, are a bit more polished. KDE 4.0 was a bomb as much as Gnome 3.0 was a bomb. No one disputes today that latest Kde is decent, and latest Gnome is decent. Maybe not the best, but hey, when did you contribute a patch to your DE to make your DE a good experience?

Comment

Originally posted by ciplogic View Post
          when did you contribute a patch to your DE
          Not everyone has to be a programmer. I can write something small in Python or C# but I don't do C/C++ and don't need those for my work. Now about improvements in Gnome 3, I don't see any. I mean, look at Cinnamon. They released 2.0 recently and they added Snap. Some false purists may frown and say that Snap is Windows stuff. Maybe. But it's useful, I use it every day. Now I look at Gnome 3.10 release notes and what I see? Eye candy, UI changes for the sake of changing UI (hello, Unity!) and multimedia apps nobody cares about.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
            Not everyone has to be a programmer. I can write something small in Python or C# but I don't do C/C++ and don't need those for my work. Now about improvements in Gnome 3, I don't see any. I mean, look at Cinnamon. They released 2.0 recently and they added Snap. Some false purists may frown and say that Snap is Windows stuff. Maybe. But it's useful, I use it every day. Now I look at Gnome 3.10 release notes and what I see? Eye candy, UI changes for the sake of changing UI (hello, Unity!) and multimedia apps nobody cares about.
            GNOME 3 has had snapping features in Mutter for quite sometime and it is pretty extensible

As for GNOME 3.10, I find a number of incremental improvements that are useful. It is perfectly fine to like other desktop enviroments and I did help bring enlightenment 18 to Fedora 20 and Cinnamon is already there in Fedora too but there is really no benefit to complaining that your preferences don't match what others like when there are multiple choices readily available.

Comment

Originally posted by ciplogic View Post
              Like KDE? Did you notice that there are KDE spins?
              Yeah, thankfully there is also a XFCE spin. No need to surrender to the Gnome vision.

Comment

Working...
              X