• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    PS:
    The "hundreds of fixes" line is also quite funny. It implies that Linux is broken by design and needs fixing to be usable. Which might be true though, in all fairness.
    Actually it was a shot at Ubuntu as it said hundreds of fixes not available on Ubuntu, not linux.

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    Ha ha, I laughed at: "terminal, motherfucker, this is a terminal"
    I caught that too, big laugh.

this project looks like an absolute joke to me. What a terrible video to show off '"the most robust, beautifuly and performant linux" ~ it looks like a 12yr old made it....lol

Michael has such a weird idea of what is newsworthy.... I would say the L_Pa version of Wine is ACTUAL news, and here is why;

L_pa-Wine (targeted at proaudio users): https://sourceforge.net/projects/l-proaudio/files/

Some of L_pa-Wine's notable features;

-> Designed for Proaudio / windows VST/ASIO use in Gnu/linux
    -> *implements UNIX PIPES in wine* (HUGE FRICKING NEWS)
    -> *proper mapping of windows priorities to linux prio (including FIFO).* (BIG NEWS)
    -> moves these types of calls out of wineserver, in order to handle prio/threading _properly_, rather than being bound to wineserver (BIG NEWS!)
    -> supports hundreds of VSTs (with proper synchronization with Jackd + stability) NOT available in Wine (and likely not anytime soon). (BIG NEWS)

I've also had some patches accepted by upstream/wine-devs that fix a number of bugs for windows VST users on Linux.

note: I've done comparisons between some Native VSTs (for linux) VS. their Windows versions running in L_pa-Wine (take a guess at which one works better? .....if you thought the native linux versions ~ than you were WRONG).
    Last edited by ninez; 07 January 2013, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
    So this may actually be legit? Is there any info on what they have done to achieve this most robust and performant Linux? Here's hoping it doesn't consist of compiling all packages with -Ofast and putting on a smile.
    My reaction is IMG: Not_sure_if_trolling_or_serious.jpg

I don't think its a bad one

Ha ha, I laughed at: "terminal, motherfucker, this is a terminal" xD
    Got that one too
    And those are "Unbuntu" fixes

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Ha ha, I laughed at: "terminal, motherfucker, this is a terminal" xD

PS:
    The "hundreds of fixes" line is also quite funny. It implies that Linux is broken by design and needs fixing to be usable. Which might be true though, in all fairness.

Leave a comment:

• XorEaxEax
    replied
    Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    Still, Debian is huge, and forks are usually small, so unless they concentrate only on small part, they risk breaking or doing wrong with a lot of stuff in the process.
    I hope for the best.

Btw...
    So this may actually be legit? Is there any info on what they have done to achieve this most robust and performant Linux? Here's hoping it doesn't consist of compiling all packages with -Ofast and putting on a smile.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    You guys are all jealous cause your Linux is not this sexy.

Leave a comment:

• boast
    replied
    I could barely decode that video by how fast that system was running

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    Developers are usually not good at psychology and design, neverless this is quite ambitious.
    Maybe it is better when its "less is more",.. but may be I am wrong..

Anyway, I am looking for the release.. although I doubt using Debian as base is a good thing. The problem is that it updates just to frequently and the base is huge.
    For forks this results in breaks unless response is apt, and causes problematic of finding a trusty mirror if switching to semi-rolling (like LMDE).

Still, Debian is huge, and forks are usually small, so unless they concentrate only on small part, they risk breaking or doing wrong with a lot of stuff in the process.
    I hope for the best.

Btw...

Leave a comment:

• XorEaxEax
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    What a complete joke. Surely meant as such.
    SprezzOS from Sprezzatech, fastest Linux evar. Look at our video with awesome fading screenshots and a goddamn rotating penguin, complete with a generic metal track. How can you not take this seriously?

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    What a complete joke. Surely meant as such.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X