Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Is The Lucid Lynx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
    GNOME 3.0 in an LTS release...... This sounds like putting KDE 4.0 in an LTS release. Wait! They didn't do that! They stripped Kubuntu 8.04 of its LTS status!
    Ever considered Gnome 3.0 is a little marketing ploy to try and win back some KDE 4 users?

Comment

Yes. It is not working though. I like being able to customize my system to work the way I like it. GNOME is getting more and more like the Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        Mark has said that they will delay it two months for 10.06 if they need the time.
        that gives some hope for kde 4.5 in it ... At least some rc or beta and then upgrades after release...
        It would be nice because kubuntu is always released with already a 3 month old kde release if it slips by 2 months then it's just one month left for final 4.5 ...
        Last edited by val-gaav; 20 September 2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
          that gives some hope for kde 4.5 in it ... At least some rc or beta and then upgrades after release...
          It would be nice because kubuntu is always released with already a 3 month old kde release if it slips by 2 months then it's just one month left for final 4.5 ...
          I doubt it - it's supposed to be a LTS, so won't have KDE beta in it. They always provide a repo for upgrading though.

Comment

Yep, there is always a PPA maintained with the latest version of KDE, even for older versions of Kubuntu.

Comment

That kind of sucks because it will be just one month away ...

Anyway I remember some ubuntu LTS shipped a beta release of Firefox, so KDE may also happen...

besides, since 4.2 betas and rc of kde are quite stable.

Comment

I hope they change the default browser to suit - they could even achieve a blistering boot time by going directly to a console session running Lynx as root - 3-second boot time!

Comment

omg... its the kde users who think the world is out to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
                    Yep, there is always a PPA maintained with the latest version of KDE, even for older versions of Kubuntu.
                    Been there, used that. However, it's my experience that a PPA is no real Kubuntu release, there's always many strange little changes, or rather not changes that I think the Kubuntu team apply. Mostly for the better. I did upgrade now to get KDE4.3, but I hope the one in the LTS is a good one.

Comment

Lucid Lynx will include Gnome 2, not Gnome 3

The original video from Mark you can see at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l02bhwofEqw where he says (starting around 5:15):

From a desktop point of view, with Lucid we'll be focussing on delivering the very best of Gnome 2.0. Remember this is kind of the pinacle of gnome 2.0. After Lucid all of our intention will be focussed on bringing in the very best of the new technologies, new architectures, new experiences as part of Gnome 3.0

Comment

Working...
                      X