Red Hat Announces RHEL AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
    well, you can still run it on hardware from the 90s, many still do.

meanwhile, on nvidia/FC39/X11 and a PSVR headset you can pick up for $100 these days.
    https://youtu.be/RE5iDfBHZNQ?si=wip4GgKe94z0pYer
    VR headsets has always been a Windows-first affair.

And Crysis in 2007 had way superior graphical detail than this eyesore of a simulator. Even GranTurismo and Forza have better renditions of car models, car interiors, race tracks and outdoor environments.

Comment

The irony of pointing fingers at RH, IBM, not respecting FOSS, etc, etc, yet those same people will defend Ngreedia anti FOSS stance, proprietary tech, binary blobs, etc.

Comment

Given the leaked IBM slides and hiring decisions I bet it's going to be even more anti-White than Google's Gemini.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

quest 3 runs linux

quest 3 is currently outselling the PS5 which is outselling Xbox.
          winblows games are an also runs on these days.
          winbloes never had the AI market. that was always linux.

microsofties dont even have that safe space to fall back on these days.
          And Crysis in 2007 had way superior graphical detail than this eyesore of a simulator. Even GranTurismo and Forza have better renditions of car models, car interiors, race tracks and outdoor environments.
          If you just want games buy a quest 3 or better a PS5/PSVR if you can afford it (openBSD).

but for those of us with a pilots licence who have not used a winblows machine for more than a decade
          Try X-Plane 12 for free: https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/xplaneofficial

makes Crysis look like a game of tetris.

You sound like someone who hasnt actually used modern compute since Crysis was released.

I cant imagine how confusing and scary this universal shift to AI centric development is for you.

Comment

lol u think those fancy graphics make a game better crysis is just shiny but thats all it is Shiny gran turismo and forza cant beat the feel of linux systems they can try but nope those are just sparkly toys linux is for the real deal hardcore gamers who knows whats up those vr gimmicks aint got nothing on a solid x11 setup haha and dont get me started on Win-first VR thats just fluff

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
              The irony of pointing fingers at RH, IBM, not respecting FOSS, etc, etc, yet those same people will defend Ngreedia anti FOSS stance, proprietary tech, binary blobs, etc.
              You gotta be one of the dumbest posters here! Congrat! That's pretty remarkable!

Comment

Originally posted by Estranged1906 View Post
                Given the leaked IBM slides and hiring decisions I bet it's going to be even more anti-White than Google's Gemini.
                Red Hat is an evil company - I noted their downward trend as a respectable, ethical company a while ago - I posted about it here yet there were ppl saying 'OH NO, YOU CAN'T COMBINE RED HAT AND IBM...THEY'RE DIFFERENT, SEPARATE COMPANIES!!! Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.... nonsense. If you're okay working for such a scummy corp. and you say nothing and then implement the same type of policy, then those stripes are on you, too.

"Nevertheless, they're so great because they're FOSS!" Yeah, let them off the hook because of the FOSS policy....sure. That is logical. I would even be suspicious how long that FOSS is gonna be in their principles - nope, I don't trust Red Hat anymore and by extension, Fedora is probably too risky to use, also. It's a real shame, though. It's sad and depressing.

Anyone here use OpenSUSE? Heck, even Canonical/Ubuntu doesn't have such evil policies, do they? I suspect it's getting bad everywhere though - it is just getting extremely bad that these can revealed and exposed when they come down on employees - and they become victims of it. It's really widespread in many corporations and despite this example - very few law firms want to help them - regardless, if there is good money involved or not. Governments obviously endorse and support such unethical laws and policies - and have for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
                  Fedora is probably too risky to use, also. It's a real shame, though. It's sad and depressing.

Anyone here use OpenSUSE? Heck, even Canonical/Ubuntu doesn't have such evil policies, do they?
                  Im skipping FC40 for precisely that reason, hopefully FC41 gets back on track now the IBM streams fork is out of the way.

Had my eye on Debian as an off ramp, long way from perfect, probably compare debian, FC4X and opensuse next hardware upgrade, no rush though.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

Im skipping FC40 for precisely that reason, hopefully FC41 gets back on track now the IBM streams fork is out of the way.

Had my eye on Debian as an off ramp, long way from perfect, probably compare debian, FC4X and opensuse next hardware upgrade, no rush though.
                    Why would Fedora suddenly have change? They're "owned" by IBM/Red Hat - and sure, if you want to believe all the naysayers who insist that they're 'hands off...' Believe that if you want.

I'd probably use Debian or even Ubuntu b4 Fedora now - nothing against Fedora as an OS but Red Hat killed CentOS and they'll probably impact Fedora if they don't destroy it eventually.

As for using a distro with recent software - maybe rolling release, OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, Arch, Debian Testing/sid or Manjaro?

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
                      Why would Fedora suddenly have change? They're "owned" by IBM/Red Hat
                      Fedora didnt change, redhat did,
                      RHEL used to be direct fork of FC
                      fedora began deviating enough from what redhat wanted them to do after FC28 that IBM streams was brought in to try and bridge the gap.
                      There is obvious pressure to make FC40 closer to what IBM streams 10 wanted, but all that ends with FC41, what happens next is anyones guess.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Working...
                      X