Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Enters Its Feature Freeze

Phoronix: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Enters Its Feature Freeze

Now rolling into March, Ubuntu 24.04 LTS "Noble Numbat" has entered its feature freeze period ahead of its official release in April...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

24.04 is currently already on linux 6.6, with 6.8 in proposed since a couple of weeks...

Comment

Does it have a new enough version of QT6 to support the latest KDE release?

Edit: I know it won't ship with the latest KDE, but I want to know if it can reasonably be back ported.

Comment

Originally posted by UpSideDown View Post

Edit: I know it won't ship with the latest KDE, but I want to know if it can reasonably be back ported.
        On OpenSuse I just have libraries of both versions installed together. So it won't be a problem withdrawing from some PPAs like PPA/Backports.​
        Unfortunately, there are some problems with KDE6, so even here they do not even distribute it.​
        Last edited by Rovano; 01 March 2024, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Looking forwards to upgrading from 22.04.4. With the recent update from the HWE kernel 6.2 to 6.5.0.21 and Lact to 5.2 gives me enough control to actually run F@H.
          amd_pstate=active now works. Rocm now can be installed through the package manager.
          24.04 will be a welcomed upgrade. Once Neon moves to it and hdr is in place I'll most likely migrate.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
          Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by UpSideDown View Post

Even nowadays, you can use kdesrc-build to compile latest Qt 6 and Plasma 6 in Kubuntu 23.10.

Comment

Working...
            X