Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian 64-bit time_t Transition Underway For Addressing Y2038 Problem On 32-bit Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 64-bit time_t Transition Underway For Addressing Y2038 Problem On 32-bit Systems

Phoronix: Debian 64-bit time_t Transition Underway For Addressing Y2038 Problem On 32-bit Systems

Debian Experimental has begun its package rebuilds for its 64-bit time_t transition for ensuring 32-bit architectures running Debian Trixie will be able to operate past the Year 2038...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's about time! (somebody had to say it

Comment

-1 ought to be enough for everybody.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

I have one of those pandaboards, and I'm pretty sure debian doesn't support them. In fact I'm pretty sure nobody still supports them.

Comment

Originally posted by Developer12 View Post
          I have one of those pandaboards, and I'm pretty sure debian doesn't support them. In fact I'm pretty sure nobody still supports them.
          The great thing about Linux is you can grab the kernel config from the original BSP, use it to compile up a recent kernel, debootstrap a recent userland and support it *yourself*

*** If you have a weekend to spare.
          Last edited by kpedersen; 02 February 2024, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
            It's about time! (somebody had to say it )
            Should that not be OUTATIME?

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

The great thing about Linux is you can grab the kernel config from the original BSP, use it to compile up a recent kernel, debootstrap a recent userland and support it *yourself*

*** If you have a weekend to spare.
              if they haven't ripped out support for it yet.

Comment

It's a joke how long this is taking.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post
                  It's a joke how long this is taking.
                  It’s Debian. They don’t do anything quick. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

The question being... what about x86-32?

Yeah, they intend to not fix this, nor 32bit file offsets, because they're using x86-32 as a compatibility layer for old binaries, and otherwise do not care about x86-32.

Comment

Working...
                    X