Red Hat Updates RHEL Pricing For The Cloud - Now Scales With vCPU Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qarium View Post

right. thank you for your advice. a single password for everything is really bad.

i think if people would establish old-school practice like having a miniature one-time password book
    This is why I have "my eye open" for an open source cryptography card.

ideally small and hardy and very cheap so they can move around like candy. like a keycard for a hotel, (but done properly).

need to change passwords? just swap to a new card, copy anything you want easy access to over to the new credentials.

We are getting close, but still a bit bulky, price of the hardware is now in the right ballpark. software is starting to look mature e.g.
    pcsc-lite: PC/SC implementation. Contribute to LudovicRousseau/PCSC development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
      This is why I have "my eye open" for an open source cryptography card.
      ideally small and hardy and very cheap so they can move around like candy. like a keycard for a hotel, (but done properly).
      need to change passwords? just swap to a new card, copy anything you want easy access to over to the new credentials.
      We are getting close, but still a bit bulky, price of the hardware is now in the right ballpark. software is starting to look mature e.g.
      https://github.com/LudovicRousseau/PCSC
      right such a open source cryptography card would be the modern version of one-time password code book
      the funny part if SMS-TAN/Smartphone TAN in banking and then the trojan is on the smartphone and they have no security at all.
      SMS-TAN only worked more or less on dump phones but not on trojan smartphones.

such a open source cryptography card could protect your smartphone and notebook and desktop computer very well.

like the tan-generator does a good job in protect your online-banking.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
      X