Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many New Features Approved This Week For Fedora 40

Phoronix: Many New Features Approved This Week For Fedora 40

This week the Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee (FESCo) signed off on a large number of change proposals for the Fedora 40 release due out in April...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good stuff. Hoping for more Asahi improvements as well.

Comment

Am I the only one who feels like Silverblue is stagnating, or is there something planned for Silverblue too?

Comment

Originally posted by Malsabku View Post
        Am I the only one who feels like Silverblue is stagnating, or is there something planned for Silverblue too?
        There seems to be some related backend work

Comment

Originally posted by Malsabku View Post
          Silver blue I don't think ever took off. I think there main focus is workstation

Comment

Python Mock is deprecated? Couldn't find anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by NEOalquimista View Post
              Python Mock is deprecated? Couldn't find anything about it.
              Read the associated change proposal linked. Python mock is a third party backport of unittest.mock. After Python 3.3 mock is part of the standard library, so the distribution packages themselves can just use that instead of relying on a third party module.

Comment

@Michael

There's an odd typo. You may wish to add a correction.

"enabling UKIs on AArch64, and odding a UEFI-only cloud image variant based on UKIs." should be "adding"

Comment

Enabling IPv4 address conflict detection by default
                  I thought that this was already the default on most if not all Linux distros.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    I thought that this was already the default on most if not all Linux distros.
                    Not aware of any. Which ones did you check? The change proposal has the details

Comment

Working...
                    X